Swedish torch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
most Canadians I know are rather quiet, but they are from Ontario or Quebec, I guess you guys from BC can be as loud as you want. And, I am sure that you are allowed. :msp_flapper: :msp_flapper:

It's just driving through customs that I hate now. Used to be so easy when I was a kid, in northern NY, there were even crossings that weren't monitored at all. You were just expected to go to the nearest monitored crossing to check in.

Did I ever mention I hate posting on a phone with really, really stupid auto correct. It functions for as auto typo maker...:angry:

I think unless I brought a truckload of saws, it wouldnt be too bad. If I went I would bring my 3 best.

Ok.I 'm down with the virtual,pagonistic drunken orgy(sounds like a slow tuesday night from my college rodeo days)but HAS anyone given a stump the swedish torch treatment(even that sounds kinky,this thread is going straight to he!!)?

HAS anyone given a stump the swedish torch treatment?

I have, sorta'. Had a Hard maple taken out and plunge cut into it at an angle with the flare roots and several throughout the top of the stump, elongating the plunges with a 24" B/C combo. Soaked the whole thing with "combustibles" and lit it.
It wasn't dry enough. I turned a squirrel cage fan on it and kept it burning 'till bedtime. Got home from work the next day and the burnt holes were full of water!! No rain,,,Did I mention the stump wasn't dry enough?

Ok.I 'm down with the virtual,pagonistic drunken orgy(sounds like a slow tuesday night from my college rodeo days)but HAS anyone given a stump the swedish torch treatment(even that sounds kinky,this thread is going straight to he!!)?

We used to look for a hollow stump whilst working in the woods. One dumps some accelerant (saw gas) into the hollow and tosses a match or fusee into it and it will provide warmth for munching a sandwich by.
We only did that in the winter, when there was snow on the ground, for obvious reasons.

The other flamable entertainment was to light the dry moss on a dead lodgepole pine and turn it into a torch.
Here are some fancy schmancy PNW Scandihoovian candles.

View attachment 301677View attachment 301678

Back