Switching a Wrap handle for standard?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meatco1

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have been using one of Treeslinger's ported MS441 saws for a few weeks now, and love the power!! That being said, it came with a wrap handle, and I just plain don't care for it!

I am wondering if I can change it out for the standard handle on my 044? This ported 441 runs circles around my old 044, so the old saw just sits on the bench now.

It appears to me, that both saws are about the same size, and switching the handles would be a lot more cost effecient than buying a new handle from Stihl!

Thank you,

Richard

The diminsions sure appear to be close, too bad, I was hoping to just exchange handles from my own saws.

I guess I have to pull the handle off the 441, see what size box it will need to ship out, and make a trade.

Thank you,

Richard

I have been using one of Treeslinger's ported MS441 saws for a few weeks now, and love the power!! That being said, it came with a wrap handle, and I just plain don't care for it!

Richard

What didn't you like about the wrap handle? Yer not going to use that awesome TS441 for flush-cutting stumps are you?:confused:

I love a wrap handle, but the cutting I have to do requires flush cutting stumps so it just gets in the way. Too bad because it makes a saw more manuveurable IMO.

aftermarket ones are 20-40 bucks of they male them for 441

I am pretty sure that is prohibited by the PNW Gods. If it came wrapped, it has to stay.

I am curious about what you don't like. I almost cannot run a saw without a wrap, I feel crippled and out of place. I have come to rely on it and avoid back barring, it just feels right.

And to repeat, 440 does not equal 441, more and different anti-vibe and shape.

Good luck.

I'm with the OP

Like you, I found the wrap to be obnoxious and in the way. Origionally, I thought it looked like a good idea so I forked over the cash for one on my 440. Within two cutting sessions, it was laying back under the bench, and still is to this day. For felling, it was great. As for bucking, limbing and cutting off stumps, no go. I use my 440 for practically everything. I just dont see the reason to carry one around with a wrap to drop a tree then cut it up with the half wrap on the other saw. I carry a back up saw, I dont always run two saws every time I go out unless there is a reason. With as versitle as a 70cc saw is to me, it just doesnt fit.

Latest posts

Back