Taking A Close Look At A Meteor Top End KIt For The 372XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ill have my little orange screwdriver handy:msp_biggrin:

pt873_police_officer_stop.png

That is a scary thing. I do a good bit of small equipment repair for contractors which includes concrete saws, two stroke tamps, etc. I am always amazed that they bring them back 6-7months later and complain that the carb is clogged again or smoked a cylinder, etc. I cringe when I send one back out, not that I question my work, its the untrained operator and conditions. As with top ends, Why did it fail? Age, seal, straight/low oil mix? Find that first, then install the new top end.

Good luck and I hope it works out well for you!

Hopefully we can nip that in the bud with good communication. :D

Is there any threat of Meteor producing a top end for a 385XP? I have one sitting on the bench right now needing a new jug and slug. This saw's owner can wait until next spring, if necessary.

Meteor upper

Put one on a good 288 lower and only got 1.5 tanks of 93 octane fuel mixed 40:1 with power punch before exaust side gauling.By the way it was also set 500rpm rich which is recomended. Since then I put on a NWP which is still running fine with about 50 hrs on it. Some one smarter than me help!

Put one on a good 288 lower and only got 1.5 tanks of 93 octane fuel mixed 40:1 with power punch before exaust side gauling.By the way it was also set 500rpm rich which is recomended. Since then I put on a NWP which is still running fine with about 50 hrs on it. Some one smarter than me help!

What is Power Punch?

It's a 'universal' 2-stroke mix oil that has been around forever.

OIC

Wiggs ended up with a failed Meteor kit as well if I remember right. It was an 046 unit that had a poor bevel on the exhaust port......killed the rings within a tank or two.

I'll be going over any of these that I sell closely looking for defects. Believe that.

Back