Talking about chain saws...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hard to figure why this should be news re the US Army. Since WWII, US Army Engineers and others have made extensive use of chainsaws. Including many in Viet Nam for LZ clearance.

Maybe learning and forgetting are cyclical? ;)

What in the H are they using expensive explosives for? When I think of how our government spends money it makes my stomach churn. No wonder why we have to borrow money.

On another note, I hope he doesn't have to wear all that gear using a chainsaw, how cumbersome.

M

There's been a few trees that I would have loved to take some det cord to. That being said, I'll have to agree that this shouldn't be anything new. Saws have been around for awhile in the military.

What in the H are they using expensive explosives for? When I think of how our government spends money it makes my stomach churn. No wonder why we have to borrow money.

There's an infamous story (it's not true, but still funny because it's not too far from the truth) that in the early days of the space program NASA engineers spent millions developing a pen that would write in zero gravity, upside down, underwater, etc...in anticipation of astronauts having to work out calculations in space. The Soviets sent their cosmonauts up with pencils... :hmm3grin2orange:

Back