• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Tank/Handle for Stihl 046- Found One

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a couple tanks, but I'm not sure if they are 044 or 046. How can I tell?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not too sure how to tell them apart myself. I have read on the forum here that the 046 handle is wider and won't fit an 044 crankcase, so I assume the reverse is also true. But I don't know how to tell them apart. I believe that I've got a broken 044 handle and a broken MS460 handle in my junk box out in the shop. I will check them out in the morning and let you know if I can find an identifying characteristic you can look for. Is there any part numbers molded into them on the bottom or sides?

How are the classes coming along?

Jim

I'm not too sure how to tell them apart myself. I have read on the forum here that the 046 handle is wider and won't fit an 044 crankcase, so I assume the reverse is also true. But I don't know how to tell them apart. I believe that I've got a broken 044 handle and a broken MS460 handle in my junk box out in the shop. I will check them out in the morning and let you know if I can find an identifying characteristic you can look for. Is there any part numbers molded into them on the bottom or sides?

How are the classes coming along?

Jim

There are some part numbers on them. I can check tomorrow if I get time to stop by my dads shop. Classes are going pretty good. I'm getting senioritis pretty bad. I have less than two months until graduation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back