Tax credit on alternative heat?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HuskyMike

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
So I have been hearing rumor that the Gov will give us a tax credit on new products that burn wood,pellets,corn or whatever.

The guy at the stove shop where I bought my stove said it is not including wood burning stoves. Anyone know the real deal on this tax credit thing?

I think we we'll get it when h*ll freezes over.This guy and his acolytes don't want to encourage the use of anything they can't slap a carbon tax on, so the real question is how they will outlaw woodburners. We may slip under the radar for a couple of years, but sooner or later we will be seen as "tax evaders" who refuse to pay their "fair share". Anyone who doubts this has not been paying attention since Jan.20.

This thing is still being nailed down and about as clear as mud, but here is what I know up to this point...

The 30% tax credit will be for biomass burners rated at 75%+ efficiency. The credit is in place for 2009 and 2010. Pellet stoves will mostly likely qualify since they have a default EPA rating of 78%. Since wood stoves are rated at either 63% or 72% by the EPA, it is up to the wood stove manufacturers to pay for and submit their products for testing, if they choose to do so. If they pass, their certification will have to be posted on their site.

IMO, most wood stoves will probably not pass this testing. The wood stoves that have the best chance of passing are cat stoves. Off the top of my head, I believe Blaze King and Woodstock are going to be having their cat stoves tested, it's unknown what the results will be, although both are hopeful and optimistic that their products will pass.

I think we we'll get it when h*ll freezes over.This guy and his acolytes don't want to encourage the use of anything they can't slap a carbon tax on, so the real question is how they will outlaw woodburners. We may slip under the radar for a couple of years, but sooner or later we will be seen as "tax evaders" who refuse to pay their "fair share". Anyone who doubts this has not been paying attention since Jan.20.

Yep! Pretty much sums it up.The tax credit is for anything "GREEN":greenchainsaw:Except for wood.What is covered is biofuels,solar,alternitives,crap like that

Back