TCIA Magazine Article

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prima donna has no "e". ;) (I'm a spelling prima donna; can ya tel?)

Fiona, baby, they always have it online before it hits the mail; http://www.tcia.org/PDFs/TCI_Mag_Dec_07.pdf

Tree, honey, I know, but by the time I download on my drip feed dial-up I would have received next month's issue:) (Highspeed would cost us around $120 per month)
I get all the magazines late, ISA Arb. Association and TCIA...sniff, nobody cares..sniff:cry: :cry:

I get all the magazines late, ISA Arb. Association and TCIA...sniff, nobody cares..sniff:cry: :cry:
Must be a beautiful island, to put up with living expenses like that--$4/day for internet? Like they say in Key West, Paradise ain't cheap.

re the MCA, sounds like the Commonwealth has a notable arboricultural history.

But, did I read that right--only 3 CEU's a year needed? :monkey:

Must be a beautiful island, to put up with living expenses like that--$4/day for internet? Like they say in Key West, Paradise ain't cheap.

re the MCA, sounds like the Commonwealth has a notable arboricultural history.

But, did I read that right--only 3 CEU's a year needed? :monkey:

No it is 5. and they are HARD to get. Read up on how many they give for each event.

http://www.massarbor.org/certification/MCA_RTS07.pdf

No it is 5. and they are HARD to get. Read up on how many they give for each event.
One credit per day of learning; i see!

But credits are awarded for committee work and memberships???:censored: ISA does not award anything for belonging to anything, and expressly forbids giving CEUs for volunteering. Were you saying something about how the MCA's credibility was superior?:jawdrop:

:popcorn:

One credit per day of learning; i see!

But credits are awarded for committee work and memberships???:censored: ISA does not award anything for belonging to anything, and expressly forbids giving CEUs for volunteering. Were you saying something about how the MCA's credibility was superior?:jawdrop:

:popcorn:

You never heard me say that their credibility was superior, just harder to get. It is on a state level rather than a national level.

I said there testing is superior and the ISA multiple choice style of testing is a JOKE! :buttkick: And if not for the MCA program the ISA would not be what it is today!

And the ISA should promote volunteering. When was the last time an Arborist volunteered for something? I cant think of too many who do!

Last edited:
And the ISA should promote volunteering. When was the last time an Arborist volunteered for something? I cant think of too many who do!
Lots of arborists volunteer for lots of tasks.

Getting compensated for volunteering is kinda oxymoronic. Do virgins in MA have sex, too00?

:blush:

Lots of arborists volunteer for lots of tasks.

Getting compensated for volunteering is kinda oxymoronic. Do virgins in MA have sex, too00?

:blush:

As a mater of fact yes they do!

Giving MCA's 1/2 credit is more than fair I think. It ENCOURAGES them to volunteer where they otherwise wouldnt have done so.

So if the credit system is the flaw of the MCA, wanna start naming the flaws of that money pit JOKE you endorse? :clap: :popcorn: :buttkick:

Oh, I have, and the list of flaws is long. But so is the list of positive attributes, so I try to improve on it as I use it.

Not the response I had thought you were going to lay out.

I WILL be bringing the credit issue up to the commitee and president.

Not the response I had thought you were going to lay out.
No time for detail. I may be an advocate, but I ain't blind.

It's easy enough to see both sides of the cert coin.
I WILL be bringing the credit issue up to the commitee and president.
Yeah, let us know how that flies ok? Credibility counts, in both ceu policies.

If memory serves correctly, credits must be obtained in different categories. The volunteer part is just a small portion. A few years ago you could get credit for having a subscription to TCIA magazine:dizzy: .

When I was talking to some of the original MCA's as I was doing research for the 50th anniversary, the main problem they faced is the same one we face today. Making a comprehensive arboriculture exam that is not so difficult that most people will get frustrated and give up.

My Brother Scored in the 90's on the ISA cert. exam and a 55% on the MCA exam....what does that say about the two different certifications?

the main problem they faced is the same one we face today. Making a comprehensive arboriculture exam that is not so difficult that most people will get frustrated and give up.
Yeah figuring out what to include is hard, then writing the questions is not an easy thing. I've written over 100 for CEU srticles, and I'm just learning.

:monkey:

Latest posts

Back