Tell me about exhaust painting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbird1

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I assume bead blasting and painting with BBQ paint would work ?

Works just fine. I use Rustoleum BBQ paint and it is holding up well on some saws that see hard use.

In my experience, painting a muffler looks good for a few hard uses, but then begins to fade/chip rather quickly. I prefer to blast them and let the patina protect them.

I have bead blasted and used the BBQ paint on quite a few, I have had no issues with chipping and fading, still look good to me.

Rather than bead, I'd suggest (coarse, abrasive) grit.
Paint will adhere much better because of much more surface area.

Thin paint will last better.

i use high temp engine enamel. Let it dry,put it back on and fire the saw up and run it until the paint stops smoking. The paint is cured and rady to go. I have not had any problems doing it that way

I use a high-temp wood stove paint which is flat black and rated @ 1500 degrees and worth the trip to local wood stove dealer for this product. I actually put my parts on my wood stove to cure them at high heat when I paint them..works great!

Thanks guys, I bead blasted it with sand and painted it with 1200 kylron then ran it a few min. well see how it goes in a year or two. also painted the top bar sides black . looks better already, kind of like a kid painting his old bike.

Degrease 'em, and spritz 'em with Hi-Temp flat black, wait 10 Min, and then go cut something. Cooked on Sap and some rusty scratches complete the look.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Back