Tell me about this Jonsereds 520SP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boondockin

Boondockin

Howdy from Northern Minnesota,

Reading this thread reminded me, I picked up a 520sp couple years back at a yard sale. Was thinking about stashing it at the shack for a backup saw. Saw is in good shape and runs good, but does not have a chain break on it, so it has been sitting in the shed.

Was this saw made before chain breaks? Any way to get one on it?

Thanks eh

Binthewoods

Binthewoods

ArboristSite Operative
Sorry to dig up a really old thread but are parts available for these? Specifically crankshaft seals if I were to work on one that needs to be broken down that far?

Snojetter

Snojetter

ArboristSite Member
I've seen a few NOS seals pop up or sale now and then, but not on a regular basis. I wonder if NOS would potentially be hardened and not work well anyway?? I've never tried to cross reference to see if there's a modern replacement that could be used instead. I believe each side of the crank has it's own size seal, unfortunately. I've torn down a few of these saws and always have been able to reuse the seals...but in my case, seal integrity wasn't an issue in the first place.

Binthewoods

Binthewoods

ArboristSite Operative
I've seen a few NOS seals pop up or sale now and then, but not on a regular basis. I wonder if NOS would potentially be hardened and not work well anyway?? I've never tried to cross reference to see if there's a modern replacement that could be used instead. I believe each side of the crank has it's own size seal, unfortunately. I've torn down a few of these saws and always have been able to reuse the seals...but in my case, seal integrity wasn't an issue in the first place.
Thanks, I hope that’s the case with this one. I have a guy that asked me to fix his 520sp and I’m just doing a little homework ahead of time so I can set the right expectations. I’m not sure what the problem is yet so I guess I’ll worry about it if/when we get there.

Latest posts