Tell us about your weather

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thick frost over everything, thermometer is covered but looks like its in the 20's?

Never did get the snow we was promised, figures I have all of this week off... no logging, no machining, just puttering about and playing with the welders... I really should do something about these holes in my pants...

Currently -19 with a light breeze. We had two days of -14 and one of -12 in November so the current temp is the record low for the winter of 2014-2015 so far.

+21 in the Banana Belt. I shall confess to turning on the wall heater in the bathroom and kitchen to get things warmed up quickly.

Cheater.

Ya know, the guy who said cheaters never win. Well he wasn't a cheater. If we had electric heat I may have done the same thing. I did catch daughter in the kitchen though, standing next to the oven. Only thing is, she wasn't cooking anything. Just wanted to warm up a bit, not enough time for a fire and her clothes in the dryer weren't quite warm enough yet.

It was 11 this morning when I left, 22 right now. The neighbor kids think a 5 gal block of ice is a pretty nifty thing.

Aaaahhh a good crisp morning to get the blood pumping, nothin better. Well almost.

Owl

I used to love to watch the gray whales migrate in the fall there. The dirt "cliffs" above the beach in Klamath where my favorite spot to watch from. The lighter sand on the bottom of the bay made it easier to spot them if they were close to shore.

Oh yeah, the high today was -2ºF.

I used to love to watch the gray whales migrate in the fall there. The dirt "cliffs" above the beach in Klamath where my favorite spot to watch from. The lighter sand on the bottom of the bay made it easier to spot them if they were close to shore.

Oh yeah, the high today was -2ºF.

Requa or the South side?

Fortuna was clear with frost on the roof at daylight this morning. They hummingbird feeders froze over. I didn't look at the temp.

Grass Valley will be clear and cold tonight...well, cold for us anyway...high twenties.

RandyMac will get a kick out of this...they're losing the road on OverHeat Hill just north of Calpella. Again. Or still.

25* severe clear and frozen pipes to fix..Will warm up now.

We call that Sea-Biscuit hill, the ranch there is where Sea-biscuit was born and raised, and have since the day, yeah it does move some, hasn't been completely closed since before the RR washed away above it. We'll be haulin' logs down it again next week!!!

"*RandyMac will get a kick out of this...they're losing the road on OverHeat Hill just north of Calpella. Again. Or still."

No pipes yet, when it gets down to 10* I look real close every where, I have an exposed Y that freezes first and is super easy to replace and is usually my early warning to get out and get every thing covered up and ready for the cold.

Frozen pipes, there's a good time.

The mercury said 17 this morning, which I believed. Now it says 43, which I do not believe. Yesterday and today started that freeze and almost thaw muck, it's about ankle deep now. Ick. No Romeos for a few days.

Have a great new year everyone.

Owl

Frozen pipes, there's a good time.

The mercury said 17 this morning, which I believed. Now it says 43, which I do not believe. Yesterday and today started that freeze and almost thaw muck, it's about ankle deep now. Ick. No Romeos for a few days.

Have a great new year everyone.
Owl

I hope you don't have frozen pipes. My dad was a football freak. He would watch football all he could on TV. That might be why I hate it. One New Year's day, the pipes froze. He would not get out to thaw them until the games were over. I packed water from the creek for flushing. That was not a good day. It only took a few minutes to thaw the pipes when the games were over. They were galvanized and he hooked up a welder to them. But we had to wait...

No ma'am. No frozen pipes here. I was meaning about DavdH above.

We went through the frozen pipes once years ago in a rental. Never again, I made real sure of that with our place. Especially cause when such a thing would've happened I wouldn't have been around to get it taken care of. The boy is like your Dad, a football fanatic. No TV here, so he's at a buddies with friends watch the Rose Bowl. I do however still enjoy going to, and watching high school football. They have used the tractor to pack creek water during power outages.

Owl

27 here. Wow, this is the winter of the yo yo. This showed up this morning.

HYDROLOGIC OUTLOOK
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE SEATTLE WA
400 AM PST FRI JAN 2 2015
...SIGNIFICANT RAINFALL IN THE MOUNTAINS SUNDAY THROUGH MONDAY COULD
RESULT IN SOME RIVER FLOODING...
A PERIOD OF SIGNIFICANT RAINFALL LOOKS INCREASINGLY LIKELY LATE
SATURDAY NIGHT THROUGH MONDAY EVENING. TOTAL PRECIPITATION FOR THE
48 HOUR PERIOD ENDING MONDAY EVENING COULD BE 3 TO 7 INCHES OVER
THE WEST SLOPES OF THE CASCADES...WITH 2 TO 5 INCHES OVER THE
OLYMPICS. THE HEAVIEST RAIN WILL PROBABLY OCCUR LATE SUNDAY
THROUGH MONDAY MORNING...AS THE SNOW LEVEL RISES TO 4500 TO
6000 FEET.
THESE RAINFALL AMOUNTS COULD BE ENOUGH TO DRIVE SOME OF THE MOST
FLOOD-PRONE RIVERS TO FLOOD STAGE.
AT THIS POINT IT IS TOO EARLY TO SAY IF ANY RIVERS WILL FLOOD.
HOWEVER THE CASCADES RIVERS THAT FACE THE GREATEST THREAT WILL
LIKELY INCLUDE THE STILLAGUAMISH...SKYKOMISH...SNOQUALMIE...
TOLT...SNOHOMISH...THE REACH OF THE PUYALLUP RIVER NEAR ORTING...
AND THE UPPER COWLITZ RIVER. THE OLYMPICS RIVERS PROBABLY FACE A
LOWER THREAT OF FLOODING...BUT FLOODING ON THE BOGACHIEL AND
SKOKOMISH ARE POSSIBLE.

Latest posts

Back