Tell us about your weather

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stick... Have an easy up does that count...

its forcasts like this the make me really want a shop.

I have a shop. It is a dark and dreary place. I think about insulating it, sometimes, and then nice weather comes along. The floor needs waterproofing too because it tends to have moisture oozing up through the concrete this time of year.

Wearing sunglasses today, buckle down your chinstraps tomorrow:

The National Weather Service (NWS) Portland has informed us there is also a potential for wind this weekend, 30-40 mph, that could cause minor power outages Saturday night. At this time, the confidence is low that we’ll have damaging winds. Based on last nights heavy rain and being aware of our local forecasts, we can expect heavy rain, 1 ½ - 2 ½ inches, enough to overwhelm some storm drains. The rain will increase Saturday, becoming heavy at times Saturday afternoon and evening. Rain should taper off to showers by Sunday morning.

Thanks for the heads up, or should they be down? I see we have a flood watch, again and also the wind thing might happen. Hmmm. Better do laundry tomorry and some vacuuming.

I have a shop. It is a dark and dreary place. I think about insulating it, sometimes, and then nice weather comes along. The floor needs waterproofing too because it tends to have moisture oozing up through the concrete this time of year.
Wanna trade? your luxury estate, for my crap ass modular on 1/3 of an acre? its a good deal really... lots of nice hiking around here, plenty of yuppies to keep the trails nice and wide (some are paved) I can give you directions to a couple of choice berry picking sites... no flood worries...

Wanna trade? your luxury estate, for my crap ass modular on 1/3 of an acre? its a good deal really... lots of nice hiking around here, plenty of yuppies to keep the trails nice and wide (some are paved) I can give you directions to a couple of choice berry picking sites... no flood worries...

No thanks. You are too close to........there. :eek:

No thanks. You are too close to........there. :eek:

Its 20 minutes to the outskirts of "there:eek:"... and another hour:( or more:mad: to "there:eek:" proper... Takes me 4 hours to get to Chehalis...:angry:, For example it took 8 hours to get to the Oregon GTG, half of that was getting through "there:eek:"

On a slightly related note, I'm thinking on a piece of dirt 7mi south of kanadia, near Sumas...

Theres a storm comin Sunday to you warshington folks!

We had -30 wind chills last week. This week teens and twenties. Goddam t-shirt weather. Sweatin my bag off cuttin.

Stick... Have an easy up does that count...

its forcasts like this the make me really want a shop.
Funny thing, that shop...

We moved to this house about 3 1/2 years ago, had a barn that I got to claim as a shop. We had gotten rid of all of our outside animals. Then the wife started "collecting" them again. Since there is no power to it, so hard to do much in there. The way it has worked out, I'v been "kicked out" of the barn. Dang garage is supposed to be 3 car, but It's not long enough to park my standard cab pickup and close the door. At least I have a spot to plug in my AC/DC Century welder and 230 volt compressor.

Current NWS Forecast:

• Today - Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. High near 48. Southeast wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.
  • Tonight - Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Steady temperature around 49. Southwest wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.

The wind was blowing a bit at Mossyrock, both coming and going. I was startled on the high bridge that crosses the river east of Mossyrock when my pickup moved to the side a bit. Otherwise, just rain and not much in town--it's heavier out here. Only saw one skier heading home but I heard it was raining at the hill.

Looks like the wind is aligned pretty good with Riffe, I've been surprised on that bridge a few times. Sounds like it's a good thing it's only supposed to be one day of rain, the snow level sounds pretty high, if it was longer it would wash away what snow there is. The Portland weather man was saying the rest of January is shaping up to be uneventful.

Periods of rain...which will be heavy at times in the evening. Becoming windy late. Low 53F. Winds SSW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 100%. Rainfall near an inch. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.

normal stuff

Back