Tell us about your weather

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sprinkling turning to ice on the ground. Temperature rising. Should hit 45* today and rain like hell this afternoon.

After yesterdays, 5.69". The 1.29" so far today seem like a summer day. Even the wind died off a bit. Not as bad but still to loud to work in the barn.

What a great weekend in the NW.

Unless I slept through it, we had no wind. An alder did go over onto the road. It is still there except most of the road is cut out--yesterday was a holiday so somebody cut most of it and left a single cone to block the rest. It also went over the phone line and has it weighted down nicely.

We have had virtually zero snow for the entire month. Weird. Some days have been in the mid 40s. Weird. Mid 40s predicted for early next week. Weird.

They claim the current El Nino is a strong one. Our winters are pretty often "Weird" when this happens.

Oh, well. Whatcanyado?

Currently 24*. Cloudy. Should be roughly this way for another month and a half.

The snow hasn't showed its face much over in your old stomping grounds much this year sliverpicker. Went and made some ruts and ran some bushes over near Victoria dam on Sunday.

Victoria should be waist deep by now, neck deep by mid February. Literally. That is some snowy country. I'd love to have a shack back there.

I'm still intending to get those coordinates to you for some bush riding. Haven't had time. Only one day off since December 10 until yesterday. All the stuff I was thinking of is at about the same elevation as Victoria so probably not much snow yet anyway.

From what I am seeing in the long term forecasting, they are expecting this year to be very similar to last year, maybe even more pronounced. Last year our snowpack was way behind but caught up. They are doubting we will catch up this year. The same jet pattern that kept the central and eastern US cool for much of the summer will probably be in place there, too.

The local ski area has received 10.5 inches of snow so far this month. Today is the 23rd. If they get to the end of the month with 6" additional snow or less it will be the least amount of snow ever recorded for January. No snow is forecast for the next 10 days.

Latest posts

Back