Tell us about your weather

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watching the weather this morning, I kind of get the impression we have just less than another week of rain, then they'll turn off the spigot. I need the car this afternoon, so I drove the wife to work. 35 degrees when we started out. Just driving one of the work rigs, I think I saw snow mixed in the stuff on the windshield. Last I saw it, Mt. St. Helens had a pretty coat of white.

A nice little rain in Mendocino Co., 1.5" since Sat. back to the woods tomorrow, the season is upon us, got 1 extra spotted owl showed up so one job is off until the state decides what to do.
Drove thru the mtns. to 8000' on a road that should be under 10' of snow right now, and there was 4" of fresh snow in the shady areas. No water in them hills this year could see water in one of the lakes but it was maybe 10% full. Most of the water truck holes wouldn't fill a back pack pump and it is barely spring.

We got almost 2 inches at Humboldt Bay.
My former neighbor in the Sierras called...they got enough rain to ease the fire danger a little but not enough to have any effect on the drought.

We got almost 2 inches at Humboldt Bay.
My former neighbor in the Sierras called...they got enough rain to ease the fire danger a little but not enough to have any effect on the drought.
Sometimes I think that's worse. It's amazing how quickly forget about fire safety. An hour of rain is pretty much erased by an hour of drying.

We just had a massive California storm system roll through it rained for three days! the total? 1.3"!!! My lawns will be green for another week.

Water rationing begins in a couple of weeks so the "normal" price increases start in another week. We are required to reduce consumption but because we will, the water department will have to increase prices to make up for the lack of consumption. The sewer plant in turn will not have enough water in the form of household sewage so they will have to raise their rates too. The city hires two "water cops" to enforce the new regulations (same as last year) so we will receive a "temporary" rate increase to pay their salaries. I expect that once again the cops will be relatives and friends of the city council members. The fine for over watering your lawn is $500.00.

I tried to burn brush on my current job on Tuesday. I was shut down due to 55mph gusts and a Red Flag Warning. Today is Thursday of the same week winds are 30 mph gusts ?, there is a winter storm warning in effect and there is an Avalanche Bulletin posted. What a difference two days can make. I love it!

Back