Tell us about your weather

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice day today. The rest of the week is forecasted to be hot and rainy. I just love sliding around in the hoe in the rain on slop sweating my balls off in a rain jacket with that humidity... Or not. Until I remember I have air conditioning.

The LA Times did an editorial (I think from last Sunday) talking about how people, lots of people, may need to move out of California so less water is consumed. They will of course need to move where there is water. Anyone know of a place that has water?

I was sweating pretty good today, was in the 60s. Too darn hot!

Misqitoes are out pretty hard too. Oh I just love dirt, sweat, bugs, grease, sawdust, diesel.

Least when it's cold the bugs are dead and I can work without a river of sweat running down my back and into my pants. Perfect temp is about 40-50*

The LA Times did an editorial (I think from last Sunday) talking about how people, lots of people, may need to move out of California so less water is consumed. They will of course need to move where there is water. Anyone know of a place that has water?

I know of a place but every time I mention it some lady in Warshington gets grumpy and threatens to quit baking pies and cookies and sics her dog on me.
It rained pretty good in Texas last week while we we there. Rained in New Mexico and Arizona, too. Matter of fact there was snow on the ground at Flagstaff when we came through.
Lots of empty space for new people. Lots.

The Great Lakes region has lots of water and lots of woodsy land.

Don't you know that we're in a drought too? In fact we only got a half inch of rain yesterday and the sun is trying to burn through the fog this morning. Of course, if a rich Colifonian offered me a gigantic price, I'd sell and move to Iowa. Or not.

The Great Lakes region has lots of water and lots of woodsy land.

Don't you know that we're in a drought too? In fact we only got a half inch of rain yesterday and the sun is trying to burn through the fog this morning. Of course, if a rich Colifonian offered me a gigantic price, I'd sell and move to Iowa. Or not.

People actually move to Iowa? Voluntarily?

Typical. From a write up about catching a family scratching their name in a bridge railing.

In the caption, Nelson described how he asked the “boy on the left are you seriously going to carve your name in that rail... Yup.” Nelson wrote that he asked the father if he knew he was allowing his “kids [to] deface federal public land.” According to Nelson, the daughter in the group replied, “Umm, we can do what we or I want.”

Nelson then asked the dad to “give me your license plate number so I can carve my name in the hood of your car,” and the father told Nelson to go ahead because it was a rental car. The trio told Nelson that they were from California.

“Then I stated - you need to go back to California, Oregonians take huge pride in our land in our public land parks and you are not welcome SHAME ON YOU!!!

People actually move to Iowa? Voluntarily?
Heck yeah...
  • Iowa believes in freedom of choice; you can still buy ethanol-free gasoline (often in several grades) at nearly every pump in Iowa... we figured out a long time ago it was better to sell it to your state than use that crap ourselves.
  • Iowa believes in the right of self protection; there ain't no such thing as a "Concealed Carry Weapons Permit" in Iowa, we have a "Permit to Carry Weapons"... meaning any legal-to-own weapon may be carried, openly or concealed, anywhere in the state except where Federal Law forbids (i.e., schools and Federal courthouses). I can walk, openly armed-to-the-teeth, right down Main Street and through the city park.
  • Iowa is safe; Iowa is considered to be the safest state in the U.S. to live.
  • Iowa has bacon... lots and lots of bacon; real men eat lots of bacon.
  • Iowa has corn-fed beef... lots and lots of corn-fed beef; real men eat lots of steak.
  • Do you like motorcycles?? Only two other states have a higher motorcycle ownership rate; which brings us back to freedom of choice... ain't no helmet law in Iowa.
  • Iowa has the highest literacy rate in the nation; over 99% of Iowans can read.
  • The ice cream capital of the world is located in Iowa... need I say more??
  • Iowa has golf... lots and lots of golf; there are more golf courses per capita than any other state (I don't golf).
  • You can get rich in Iowa; CNNMoney.com has listed Ames, Iowa as the 9th best place to live (one option for gettin' rich is selling ethanol to the west coast states... they buy massive quantities).
  • Iowa is friendly, Iowa doesn't judge or "look down" on anyone; we even host a convention for the American Hobo every year.
  • Hey, c'mon, the "Duke" was born in Iowa.

Golf is for sissys,

What the point of ridding motorcycles on straight roads?

Literacy really? um...

The duke left town and isn't coming back, besides Clint Eastwood is from Oregon-Warshington. And he don't walk funny.

We can carry openly here too... its just rude, so we carry concealed

And its easy to feel rich when your neighbors are dirt farmers.;)

Cows are not meant to eat corn, and grass fed is way tastier

We got fresh from the butcher bacon here that trumps yer cafo bacon all day everyday

As far as not judging people... please see an earlier post

DON'T MOVE HERE

Grass fed is wayyyyy better tasting than corn fed. Try it some time.

If Iowa is so safe, why the need to carry a gun everywhere? I mean, we go into the wilderness sans guns where there's bears and a few wolves and rabid salamanders. I can even safely walk from my woodpile to the house without a gun, which I believe I've read where you can't.

Even our tiny little not a town burg has ethanol free gas.

So, are you rich yet? Is that the most important thing in life? Live in a flat, boring place and be rich?

Iowa friendly? Not from what I've seen from the residents on the internet. In fact, I think they need to see a doctor.

Golf is boring.

Flat is boring.

John Wayne is not a hero. He simply played at being a hero in the movies. Look it up.

Therefore...well, stay there. Don't move here. Spread the word that Warshington is a very unfriendly place to live. Please.

No water is leaving the Great Lakes region and if any does go its coming from the Detroit River....good luck with that.

Back