Texas Gtg!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1st, ABW I, mean nothing personal by this post, because you'e going to a great deal of /time/effort to make this event happen.could it be possible for a 30-36" log for bucking? 12" tells us nothing but chain speed.Put a gas-powered truck that got 15mpg in front of a 25' travel trailer & it only gets 4 mpg! put a diesel truck in front of the same trailer, & it still gets 12 mpg. What's the difference? TORQUE! HP is very deceptive because it is computed by velocity squared.A big log w/ the bar buried is the only way to demonstrate the diferrence in real world POWER.I'm not pushing for a contest, only for a demonstation for educational purpose

AWB, unless something comes up, I plan to be there. I'm stilling needing time, your 20, & possibly directions. It won't be hard to spot me, I'll be wearing a cap from a competing forum :jawdrop:.

AWB: I have a reel of .404X .063(10*, Made in America!) gauge milling chain. WE would have to make the loop up there to fit your bar (another demo?), unless you have an old .404 chain that came w/ your saw,count the DLs, & I'll make you one ahead of time & donate to the cause.It might make good demo if you have a bench mounted set-up so everyone can see. All I have is Grandberg's vice grip device.

I have a bench breaker and spinner as well as a bar that will run that chain. It will be good to compare the two chains back to back again.

Hate to say it but,,,,, I will most likely be the first to bail,,, it doesnt seem I will be able to make it,,,

Sorry Guys there's always next year :cheers: Yall drink a cold Shiner 99 Helles for me:cheers: :givebeer: :cheers:

You going to the PNW one arent ya

You going to the PNW one arent ya

:hmm3grin2orange: We promise to send him back safe and sound...and probably broke and over-fed as well. Besides the huckleberry pie there's going to be salmon, elk, several different kinds of BBQ, and about fifty different brands of beer. Might even be a chainsaw or two.

If it wasn't for the PNW and Texas GTGs being on the same day I was seriously thinking about coming down there...if Californians are welcome that is. :)

Anyway...y'all have fun and I promise to send RR2 back in reasonably good condition. :cheers: Bob

Hey, they are stealing the rat.......sheeshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Just keep him Bob. It;s better off that way.:)

take a bunch of pictures for us willya....

Will do,,,,,, you get some @ the TX GTG :cheers:

NO, you keep him! Unless he brings cold hard cash...:greenchainsaw:

I have to have some cash!!!! I got to ship the latest CAD aquisition home,,,,,!!!! LOL!!!!!! Oh Yeah,,, there is definitly a few chainsaws involved!!!! LOLOLOL!!!!!!

:hmm3grin2orange: We promise to send him back safe and sound...and probably broke and over-fed as well. Besides the huckleberry pie there's going to be salmon, elk, several different kinds of BBQ, and about fifty different brands of beer. Might even be a chainsaw or two.

If it wasn't for the PNW and Texas GTGs being on the same day I was seriously thinking about coming down there...if Californians are welcome that is. :)

Anyway...y'all have fun and I promise to send RR2 back in reasonably good condition. :cheers: Bob

And You would be welcome too!!!!!!!!! Even Andy!!!!!!! and especially Cindy!!!!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back