Texas storm damage

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brimmstone

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
We need help in Beaumont Texas badly. I have finally been able to get back online after two days. I know the news says Galveston and Houston got hit hard but after looking at pics sent from friends there and wind speed reports they got off lite. I'm in Beaumont and my wind speed meter pegged at 112 mph early Sat morning. We are looking to be without power up to 4 weeks. There are trees down everywhere. Almost all the tree companies are going to Houston to make quick money. I've been working my two Huskies hard the last couple days to clear my road. We have had numerous city vehicles drive down or attempt to and then stop and turn around. As of today thanks to help from neighbors and customers we have a cleared road. A total of twenty trees came down and were completely blocking the road. I left a few because they were on power lines. Anyone heading this direction stock on supplies there is a two hour wait at all the hardware stores and gas stations. I'm heading back out in a few minutes to try and clear a few more roads to make transportation easier.

Im still in north Texas waiting to here from somebody thats been there to know fore sure on how much work there is. Some pics would be nice! But im ready to go. Bucket, dump, bobcat, 5th wheel and saws.

Got a buddy in China that we are thinking of staying with. If we come down is there a solid months worth of work to be had in the B-mont area? And what kind of cleanup are people down there expecting, complete rake and blow or just get the big sh*t off and get out?

I'm working on emergency services contact info right now. I will try to get into the city tomorrow to see what I can find out there.

We need help in Beaumont Texas badly. I have finally been able to get back online after two days. I know the news says Galveston and Houston got hit hard but after looking at pics sent from friends there and wind speed reports they got off lite. I'm in Beaumont and my wind speed meter pegged at 112 mph early Sat morning. We are looking to be without power up to 4 weeks. There are trees down everywhere. Almost all the tree companies are going to Houston to make quick money. I've been working my two Huskies hard the last couple days to clear my road. We have had numerous city vehicles drive down or attempt to and then stop and turn around. As of today thanks to help from neighbors and customers we have a cleared road. A total of twenty trees came down and were completely blocking the road. I left a few because they were on power lines. Anyone heading this direction stock on supplies there is a two hour wait at all the hardware stores and gas stations. I'm heading back out in a few minutes to try and clear a few more roads to make transportation easier.

Be safe out there!

Kevin

I'm going to add to this that as of right now from what I learned today that their will mainly be residential tree work that needs done. The crews in town have alot of the roads cleared and passable now. There are still hundreds of trees down on houses and other assorted building. I'm going to run the roads after work tomorrow and get an idea of some places to quote jobs at.

From the several guys I have talked to so far and the amount of crews they are heading down I think there will be enough crews down here now. I'm passing the word out that some reputable crews are on their way and to hang on for a little longer.

A lot of people down here are gun shy after Rita as companies were grossly over charging and absolutely destroying yards in the process. I think with the caliber of the people belonging to this site we'll be able to change their mind and make some money at the same time.

I'm going to add to this that as of right now from what I learned today that their will mainly be residential tree work that needs done. The crews in town have alot of the roads cleared and passable now. There are still hundreds of trees down on houses and other assorted building. I'm going to run the roads after work tomorrow and get an idea of some places to quote jobs at.

From the several guys I have talked to so far and the amount of crews they are heading down I think there will be enough crews down here now. I'm passing the word out that some reputable crews are on their way and to hang on for a little longer.

A lot of people down here are gun shy after Rita as companies were grossly over charging and absolutely destroying yards in the process. I think with the caliber of the people belonging to this site we'll be able to change their mind and make some money at the same time.

Keep us feeled in!!!!

Thats what worrys me about taking the trip to texas cause everyone and there brother heads there and alot of the people are gun shy and don't like to deal with out of state companies sometimes.. I mostly only do storms in N.C. or S.C. Does anyone else have same concerns as I do about that ? Or am I being stupid ?

would be willing to help someone established in that area,i,m already late getting there that is the first thing to do is get setup.p/u 2weeks in ne ar.from wind damage can get caught up quickly.
if someone is in need of 2 climbers,skid with grapple.own ins. let me know.
also have bucket,dump,chipper.
little reluctant at this point to bring in so much.
but if there,s money to be made i,ll bring it on!:chainsaw:greenchainsaw:

Does anyone else have same concerns as I do about that ? Or am I being stupid ?

There is always a risk in these things, one may burn through all their operating capitol before the money starts coming in, breakdowns early in the came, injuries out of town...

The scope of the event is what will make it worth while for someone travling 2 days, this is all over the golf cost.

Though with everyone and their sister....

There is always a risk in these things, one may burn through all their operating capitol before the money starts coming in, breakdowns early in the came, injuries out of town...

The scope of the event is what will make it worth while for someone travling 2 days, this is all over the golf cost.

Though with everyone and their sister....

Yea, I think I will stick around here until a storm hits the East Coast so that way I don't burn up alot of money and may get there with nothing to do. Atleast if im closer to home I wont be out of much money.

regrouping from Gustav

Just got in from Baton Rouge a couple of days ago.

We had hoped to go on over to Beaumont from there, but it didn't work out in time, so we were paid to drive home.

Waiting for the call for Ike recovery by friday, while I concentrate on family time and healing up.

I hope to make it down, though I'm not looking forward to all that driving again.

Hang in there, I saw a ton of help on the way!

Dave (treeslayer) should have made it to Beaumont by now. I he called me this morning and he was stopping in Lake Charles.

I'll be posting anything pertinent for him till he gets back on line, like a restaurant WIFI since he is camping till things open up.

Dave is setting up camp in my yard right now. Gr8scott72 will be here in about two hours. Fireman should be here anytime. I'm just waiting for his call.

Ike was huge! It spread so much damge from Tx throught the plain states and then to the north east. It never made the news but Pittsburgh Pa recieved 70mph wind for 8 hours. I have to stay home and take care of my own community.

Texas made the news but there are so many other areas that were hit hard. If I wanted to travel and work I`d go to the midwest states like Arkansas,Ohio, Illinois, etc because they got nailed and need help but it is not being reported so much. Plus the weather is cooler up here in the north+:greenchainsaw:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back