Thank you GOD for kevlar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Feet take a lot of abuse they get in the way of many things. They are the most hurt/injured body part in any outdoor activity. I have a leather boot with one side sliced open from a harrow disc i was stepping over. I was lucky.

Kevlar is great stuff.
In nature one thing that will also stop a saw just like kevlar. Let your spinning chain touch a little bit of spanish moss. It will make you cuss.

I need some new farm boots anyway so i think a pair of chainsaw rated steel toe kevlar boots make sense. I wear boots anytime i am there.
I can get off the tractor grab the saw and chaps and not have to change boots. They would stop me saying, I only needed to cut one branch so i didn't take the time to change boots.

I looked up Swede Pro boots but saw they only had two layers of Kevlar so I am leaning toward Matterhorn.
I know this is an old thread, but since it's already bumped, Does anyone know if these Matterhorns fit like/ are sized like Danners?
I have a pair of 34yr old Danners & a pair of Swede Pros. My foot is short (size 6) & wide (E). The Danners are a snug perfect fit. The Swede Pros are a generous fit with plenty of room in the toe box. I can wear a fairly thick tight weave wool sock with them. I can't speak for how well their Kevlar layer(s) will protect, & hope I never have to make a post about it!!

I had the privilege to serve in the armed forces while he was our Commander-in-Chief. What a great leader and American!

Thank you for your Service, and effort to keep this once great, once exceptional Nation alive for one generation longer. Unfortunately that generation is aging and its children would rather rap then respect your efforts.

You're welcome, it was an honor to serve.

Sorry nmurph, didn't mean to hijack your great thread.

I got to see him speak in a cornfield in western Illinois, it was a great day. He was a friend to the military. I served in the Marine Corps during his Presidency. We always felt that even though he was president he cared about us and had our back.

If we're talking about service to the Country and The Great Communicator, then hijack away.

Thanks...

I got to see him speak in a cornfield in western Illinois, it was a great day. He was a friend to the military. I served in the Marine Corps during his Presidency. We always felt that even though he was president he cared about us and had our back.
Amen, thank You for your service,,, My son just got out of the Corp... went in during the second Bush term,,, He made two tours in Iraq and several other assignments... and his last pump in Iraq was cut short in 2011,,, by the current Administration,,, he finally had enough and got out,,,
Now 3 yrs later That JV squad ISIS is running around in and totin all the advanced weaponry we left behind for the Iraqi Army to throw down and run away from.....:chainsaw:

Back