Thank you

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maggie

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Thank you for your previous information on transplanting. Along with your advise and the advise from my local Horticulturists, as well as the Web, I have successfully transplanted two of my camelias. They are 3 days transferred and seem to be doing well, I have about 12 more giant bushes to go. I dug them out past their leaves carefully trimming some of the feeder roots and digging the root ball completely out. I dug their new home a little bigger filling in the difference with cow manure compost and a little top soil. I gave them a root solution, to hopefully prevent shock and some camelia fertilizer to feed them and keep them healthy. I haven't pruned them or cut them back yet. Should I do this now or wait and how far back should I prune? (I have been told that pruning helps to 'wake up' the roots and to keep the plant alive.)

I also want to thank you for your varied oppinions about what to cover my fence with. I think I'm going to go with a rose, possibly a Don Juan. Do you know of any websites that can give me any 'good' information on this plant?

Thank you all very much for all of your advice,
Maggie

Latest posts

Back