Thanks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't cut it or won't ?

If they can't that's one thing. If they can but won't they can go cold. Natural selection at it's finest.

There is a difference between accepting an offer of help and expecting to live on the 'government biscuit' at someone elses expense. I didn't take them to raise. What makes them feel entitled to what I have earned !?

I cut it for my own benefit. If "they" want some "they" can go get their own. It's mine and I will chose how it gets dispersed.

I think I'll quit now, anything more will begin to sound like a serious rant about what is wrong with this country. I'd rather try to stay focused on what is still right about it.

I know we are are hard working fools,but look ,I think I can sleep better at nite knowing my hard earned dollars are going to people in need (yea there are the ones that game the system because they allow it).but I have a bigger problem with all the dollars the feds ,states ,cities and townships that put alot more money into taxbreaks,incentives and handouts to corporations who in turn ship their jobs over to low paying areas that take advantage of those people and still raise their prices for a now worthless piece of crap.
corporations do not pay taxes, their customers do.

KSWOODMAN for President!!!

I'm not so sure that would be such a good idea. I sometimes forget to be polite to every group. The ones that are screaming for politeness the most often deserve it the least.

Besides, I hate people, 'specially 'THEM' people (politicians).

IMO we needed a businessman in there. It would be even better if they were self made. Someone that knows where the money has to come from and realizes there isn't an endless supply of it.

Our country's founding fathers were businessmen, landowners and forward thinkers thrust into positions of responsibility and greatness. They weren't schmoozes and grinning yes-men trying to sway public opinion to achieve greatness. What they set out to do was right many of the wrong of their current government. Not by aligning themselves with the majority but to do what was right and a following of like minded people joined them. They were hard men during hard times and knew the value of a penny. They knew that to get a penny it had to be earned. To keep it sometimes you had to fight for it. To make it last you didn't squander it.

I hate talking politics too. I don't see much there that is productive.

I am only 40, however I was brought up the correct way, when "time out" actually meant the time that I was out cold, and when I came to, it was not necesary to ask if I needed another time out. Message recieved. I was taught that a MANS word was good and a handshake was contract. period. I live by my own advise, it is a great incentive plan called "YOU WORK, YOU EAT".
Please understand, I love to have fun, er... I call cutting wood fun. But when it comes to crunch time, I will not ask my government for a "bailout" from my own greed or stupidity. Boys... hang on its going to be a bumpy ride.:cheers:

I know we are are hard working fools,but look ,I think I can sleep better at nite knowing my hard earned dollars are going to people in need (yea there are the ones that game the system because they allow it).but I have a bigger problem with all the dollars the feds ,states ,cities and townships that put alot more money into taxbreaks,incentives and handouts to corporations who in turn ship their jobs over to low paying areas that take advantage of those people and still raise their prices for a now worthless piece of crap.
corporations do not pay taxes, their customers do.

I think our government gives away to much money too. None of it causes me to lose sleep.

Maybe I sounded a bit harsh, it struck a nerve with me from past experiences. I am entitled to what I have earned. I have no entitlement to what you or my neighbor has earned. I did not marry the government or my neighbor, they aren't getting half from me till they earn it. ":censored:, gas or grass no one rides for free !"

If I work 160 hours a week and only earn twice as much as my neighbor that works 40 hour weeks, THAT'S NUTS !!! And then for an able bodied man that could work, but won't, to think because I have more than I need that they should get half of what's mine , THAT'S EVEN MORE NUTS !!!

I don't mind helping someone get back up. There are people in need, some more than others. I help them out when I see them trying and fate just hasn't been in their favor, as long as, they are still trying.

I wouldn't expect the elderly, infirmed or single mothers to go into the woods and pack out the wood they need to warm their home. Redistributing the wood I worked for, the wood I need for my use, to ungrateful, lazy noaccounts doesn't give me incentive to do more to get more. It gives me incentive to just do less. If my reward for being dillegent is to have it taken away what's the point of earning my own keep ?

Latest posts

Back