The 064 lives!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, I tach'ed it at 11,500. My Service manual says 12,000 max for the 064. Thought i'd leave it a little fat for a couple of tanks then do the Muffler. Can I run it more than 12,000 after the mod? WDO

After I added the DP cover to my stock 064 and tuned it, it sounded right at 13,200 or there abouts. Thats conservative tuning, I think I could push it further, but Im not going to.

After I added the DP cover to my stock 064 and tuned it, it sounded right at 13,200 or there abouts. Thats conservative tuning, I think I could push it further, but Im not going to.

Thanks Bowtie. I guess I'm concerned about going any over factory specs at all. Mod or not. If there is any weak link with this saw it would be the big end bearing. That's the only thing that isn't new. It seems like turning that fast would tax the crank and BEB the most. WDO

Well, I got it into decent size wood today and got a tank through her. It doesn't seem quite as "torquey". Maybe that's normal till it gets broke in.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_fN_QCEqYQo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_fN_QCEqYQo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

You're still considerably too rich. It' 4-stroking nearly the whole time. Lots of power being left on the table here.

I tryed to lean it out some. Adjusted it to 2 stoke WOT than just fatten it up to just 4 stroke a little. It tached close to 13,500 set like that. I took it back to around 12,000. I just I'm leary of exceeding that factory spec. Especially this early. WDO

I tryed to lean it out some. Adjusted it to 2 stoke WOT than just fatten it up to just 4 stroke a little. It tached close to 13,500 set like that. I took it back to around 12,000. I just I'm leary of exceeding that factory spec. Especially this early. WDO

After I did the exhaust mod on my 670, it wanted to run at 14,700... It has some ring wear, so I brought her down to 13,500.

Best place to fine tune is in the cut.

Still way rich. As brad said, there is a "lot" of potential waiting to be unleashed there. The factory spec is +/- 1000 so even 13k would still not be exceeding the factory limit.

Nice 064, I really like the 064's

Do you know if it has a rev-limt coil?

I skimmed over this thread and didn't see anything about it.
From what little I know lots of older 064's had the limting coil
and need to be tuned different than non-limting coils.

If it has limted coil you could set it to lean, but coil will make you think
it is four stroking..........

TT

Last edited:
I don't think I have the limiting coil. I say that, but I'm not 100% sure. I did have it off on the rebuild and don't recall seeing the cdid or whatever stamped on the coil. It go well above the max rpm if you keep leaning it out. I would think if it had the limit coil it would start to cut out at a certain rpm. WDO

I don't think I have the limiting coil. I say that, but I'm not 100% sure. I did have it off on the rebuild and don't recall seeing the cdid or whatever stamped on the coil. It go well above the max rpm if you keep leaning it out. I would think if it had the limit coil it would start to cut out at a certain rpm. WDO

After seeing some of your older threads you should know which coil
you have............I took a break from AS for a while and missed some
of your 064 threads :)

TT

Latest posts

Back