The 441's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jump in there. Especially another Australian. What a good group of guys. All you guys do is cut wood and shoot kangaroos outta helicopters, isn't it? Where do I sign up?

My wife gave me the nod on my MS441 when she noticed the orange bar scabbard sticking out from under some blankets in the hall closet.

Sendin' you an invite. Oregon..West Coast Shoe? Ah yes.

Request to join sent. This thread :rock:

Jump in there. Especially another Australian. What a good group of guys. All you guys do is cut wood and shoot kangaroos outta helicopters, isn't it? Where do I sign up?

My wife gave me the nod on my MS441 when she noticed the orange bar scabbard sticking out from under some blankets in the hall closet.

Sendin' you an invite. Oregon..West Coast Shoe? Ah yes.

Request to join sent. This thread :rock:

Group Photo.

We need a cool main group photo. All of Stihlman's are real good.

I'm gonna ask Officer's Match if we can use this one. This is absolute chiseled art.

http://www.arboristsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=243626&stc=1&d=1341109298

attachment.php

Pictures don't stay posted for me, but I'm trying. They post, then gone, but give me input on Officer's Match photo. That saw is buffed out.

Thanks, I do like the Sugi on it, even though it wears the 28" ES Light most of the time. And of course, I'd be honored should it come to that.

Thanks, I do like the Sugi on it, even though it wears the 28" ES Light most of the time. And of course, I'd be honored should it come to that.

It is just plain onry with that Sugi bar. Stihlman also has all those wild-looking aftermarket guide bars.

There's 21 of us in there all ready. We are gonna dial in the Stihl MS441. I can hardly believe the level these builders have already taken the saw to. I'm not kidding, they will raise your pulse rate bone stock.

Bunch of neighbors saw my ported one running last night, as the storm that blew through was pretty destructive. I helped open a lot of driveways, and the M-Tronic (as usual) acted like it was mad as hell at the wood.

:rock:

Thats one big ole Maple tree! Flattened that car good eh?

The storm came thru here too. Winds were about 70ish. Came out of nowhere and blew by within 30min. Not a drop of rain or thunder. Pretty weird. Looked out this morning and limbs were blown down everywhere.

Thats one big ole Maple tree! Flattened that car good eh?

The storm came thru here too. Winds were about 70ish. Came out of nowhere and blew by within 30min. Not a drop of rain or thunder. Pretty weird. Looked out this morning and limbs were blown down everywhere.

Yup, I put some more pics in the Storm Cleanup in Ohio thread.

Randy did a amazing job on mine. I ran it with a 32' ES bar and full comp RSC chain. Bucking a 54' oak. The saw never missed a beat. It pulled th:rock:rough that massive oak without breaking a sweat. I love it.

Well the 441 CM-R has had 4-5 tanks ran through her, pulling a 28 in Bar with skip chain and I absolutely love the saw lol. Had some downed trees in the woods and a few logs to cut for the farmer down the road so I was able to test her out pretty good. Had a maple that was 22 inches, had a small beech tree, and my personal favorite a 25 inch cherry stump that was part of a common trend at my place.... it seems that I do not have to worry about cutting them down because a few trees have up-rooted, (maybe living on top of a hill does not help lol)

Other than that I have been dialing the oilier in, I have the oilier turned up 95% of the way and have about 15% oil left in the tank and she is oiling fine. I figure once she is "ported" the amount of time between tanks will go down so then if the oilier is turned all the way up I should be fine on oil usage, hell she has the same oil capacity of the 660 lol. I am really anxious to have her "ported" and I don't think I'll go back to a stock saw :D

Hi everybody.

Working towards picking up a MS441CM, had a good offer from down under............:cool2:

Can someone with an MS441CRM in the shed get some measurments for me. I am looking to make a box for inside the 4wd, which will take the saw, and some accessories for the saw. Measurments that would help include;
Width of the powerhead
Length of the powerhead (back of handle to front of felling dogs)
Distance from RH clutch cover side to LH side of the bar.

I am able to do this sort of stuff on Solidworks, so can design this sort of stuff up. I will be designing a box that takes the saw with a 20" bar, and can take a 28" bar in a separate pocket. I'll also be designing a simple system to keep the chain on the bar during storage.

Regards
Graham

Hey guys, here is a picture of my 441RCM. I think it has a 25" bar on in this picture, now I run a 28" all the time and I have opened the muffler up somewhat as explained in an earlier post, although mine is not as radical as the one pictured. They are a great saw and this is my go to big saw now, the 660 is only brought out for the really big stuff. Anyone thinking of taking the plunge on one of these, go ahead and jump in , the water is fine! Don't let the steam engine technology crowd make you weak in the knees. That bunch wants to stick with 65 Ramblers with point ignitiion and fly in biplanes!

SteveView attachment 243783

Back