the 461 owner reviews thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think there will be afew hoping on that one.
But will it have
MTronic
Fuel inj
Rubber AV
Same old filter system

or will they go safe like the 461 ?.

i'd be happy with 461 cylinder and 441 filtering the 461 seems more fuel efficient than the 460.

don't give a :poop: about fuel efficiency just want heaps of touqe and 13500 RPM :arg:

So what you are saying is if you have a ported 461 with a 460 coil on it you have tuned it to W/O 15500 rpm.
So in the cut if you take the load off it will 4 stroke.
Then if you put the 461 coil (rev limited to 13500 rpm) back on does it make and differance or changes the way the saw runs ?.

yes i'm thinking about that the 390xp is the thorn in the rose bush at the moment LOL

does the R model have a higher output oiler like the 460

Sir Yes Sir.

So what you are saying is if you have a ported 461 with a 460 coil on it you have tuned it to W/O 15500 rpm.
Then if you put the 461 coil (rev limited to 13500 rpm) back on does it make and differance or changes the way the saw runs ?.

I can tell any difference running them with the 460 or 461 coil. I've not done timed cuts to split hairs though.....

They do respond well to an 8° ignition advance.

Yes it will 4stroke at about 15500. It drops a couple of thousand rpm in the cut. It runs the same with either coil. The unlimited coil just make it easier to tune with a tach. There's no reason to change back to the stock 461 coil.

Sir Yes Sir.

I can tell any difference running them with the 460 or 461 coil. I've not done timed cuts to split hairs though.....

They do respond well to an 8° ignition advance.

When you advance the timing by 8 deg with the 460 coil on it this would be some where near what the 461 coil would do bye itself ,thats the way i understand it.

Just checked the local dealers prices $250 more for the wrap handle. (461R)

Can't be that much out west????????????????

Just checked the local dealers prices $250 more for the wrap handle. (461R)

Can't be that much out west????????????????

$50 more for the wrap here. In fact, it's pretty hard to get them without a wrap.

$250 more for the W is highway robbery.

Runs well with a 20" bar but sometimes the chain boggles up with a 25" or higher bar. Gas hog of a saw but still a beast.

That is Distributor Suggested Retail Price.

Who the hell is the distributor for NE Indiana?

Someone on the other thread said it was probably the rescue saw, Carbide chain?

Yes your looking at the rescue 461. Has everything the R version does plus depth limiter a large pull handle, a large heat sheld in front if muffler and a duro chain.

Latest posts

Back