the baddest saw ever

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
partner p100
its not the biggest as far a c.i.,
but mine could pull as big of a bar as you want with a 9 tooth sprocket in hardwood- and it's all stock too.

i always said if it had wheels it could pull down a house.

Those old Super XL's had the looks, sound, and durability for sure. 215 cubic inch aluminum engine? Yep, my dad still has his '63 Olds Jetfire, 215ci, 4 speed, complete with the original turbo charger, fuel injection, and water/alcohol injection.

partner p100
its not the biggest as far a c.i.,
but mine could pull as big of a bar as you want with a 9 tooth sprocket in hardwood- and it's all stock too.

i always said if it had wheels it could pull down a house.

just to add to that, my dad used to race the one i have in the "open-box stock class" around here. The way he put it to me, everytime he lost a race with that saw, it was his fault (starting, cutting out, ect.) he even said once he raced it in a unlimited class when his hotsaw was broken down, and he beat about half of the competitors in it.

how about a homelite 750 ... never ran one but heard it was a beast

750 has my vote. I haven't ran many saws over 100cc so I can't really give a good comparison, but I do love the look, feel, and power of a 750.

Dan

Sure would be nice to run all these saws!!:clap:

I will vote for the SP125 only because I have a couple. They are a lot of fun to run but alas, not much wood around here really needs that much saw.

When you do however, there is nothing better than a big saw.

attachment.php

My "twins"

attachment.php

Proud papa with the big ones

attachment.php

My fellas next to Bill G's piped 125

attachment.php

Making cookies fly

Anyone is free to disagree with the McCulloch, but we have to get together and take turns with both saws just to make sure.

Mark

Damned nice flock of Mac's you got there.:cheers: The old Mac's and Homies built this country and the men with balls enough to run them.

Last edited:
OLYMPYK 999F The Italian stallion if you ever ran one you will agree!!!!! :poke: :Eye: :blob5: :wave: :computer2: :lifter: :lifter:

To me it depends on what you are doing. If you are on the field and going to buck 12" to 20" logs all day then I would say the Poulan Super 72 with the bow. It may weigh more than the new saws, but It has a tough gear reduction, and it seemed to run forever. If you had a 8 pin sprocket on it with 1/2" pitch chain it would really spit out the wood. In the direct drive I am partial to the SP125 as I like its anti-vibe better and smother power than most saws of its time, and when you rebuilt it you serviced all of the parts of the engine at the same time.

Well if you're going to throw the 750 in, I'll have to throw in my support for the 995D.

If I had one, I might be votin' for it and not a 750! Those 9xx direct and gear drives are some nice looking saws. Maybe one day I'll run across one, but it hasn't happened yet.

Dan

Well I am joining this thread a little late and just commenting on the baddest saw I have that would be the sp105,seems the big Yellow saw's are highly regarded in this topic?
Just wish I had a use for it as I am even over gunned with the 7900 but I guess that beets the alternative:)

solo rex???

sorry to highjack thread,
but think i found a solo rex that runs.... was wondering how much they would be worth and cant find a decent video of one, was wondering how big a bar they can really pull...even as big as they are, they were made in 58'???...so seems they wouldn't have as much power as today'ssaws??? was hoping for first hand experience......

sorry to highjack thread,
but think i found a solo rex that runs.... was wondering how much they would be worth and cant find a decent video of one, was wondering how big a bar they can really pull...even as big as they are, they were made in 58'???...so seems they wouldn't have as much power as today'ssaws??? was hoping for first hand experience......

You mean the sol SUPER REX.

142 cubic centimeters of ass..

Latest posts

Back