The Breakfast Thread - morning chow call, brunch n beyond! ~

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well, I had planned a swell brunch today... steak and eggs! had done the steak nite before, so good, ate half only. thick, rare/med rare... would just gently warm it up in butter... eggs OE on top... sliced crunchy scallions... but alas!! :surprised3: after the usual romp late last nite here on the 'always exciting' AS... made me hungry, and the LO steak ended up as tasty sliders...

so that is my breakfast/brunch update...

just reporting! lol :laughing:

:drinkingcoffee:

ps: not out of steaks nor yard eggs... ;)

Mexican scrambler. Guess I didn't take a final picture. Topped with cheese, salsa, and sour cream.

image.jpeg

Mexican scrambler. Guess I didn't take a final picture. Topped with cheese, salsa, and sour cream.

View attachment 482729

now you are talking... chef's special: huevos rancheros supreme! hope the final dish included a dop of sour cream, too... maybe some cilantro on the side... yum

now you are talking... chef's special: huevos rancheros supreme! hope the final dish included a dop of sour cream, too... maybe some cilantro on the side... yum
Forgot the cilantro but it would have been a good addition.

I should add. We actually use plain Greek yogurt in place of sour cream. Exact same taste and way less calories.

got in some yard eggs today, here is breakfast fare pushed just a bit beyond Brunch Time... yum!

tenderloin and lamb chop re-warmed in butter, w/scallions... yard eggs, and refried red spuds... golden crisp. I could eat meals like this 3 times a day! :)

P1010002.JPG

thick flavorful yolks...

P1010003.JPG

P1010006.JPG

more so brunch today, up too late playing around on the AS! lol ;) but since post on EGG thread... been drooling for some soft scrambled eggs... 2 eggs, so good, melt in ur mouth... I could have eaten 4 more with ease but I had work to do and too full don't cut it... iykwim; my brunch:

P2050001.JPG

as I say, very good! yard eggs.

Tried to find a protein shake to buy as I'm traveling. They were a joke so I got a breakfast burrito which had way more protein and less carbs so I'm good to go.

Omelet turned more into a scrambler due to a sticky pan in the cabin I'm staying in for the week but it was good. Using roast beef next time with same recipe.

Eggs
Deli beef
Sautéed onions
Shredded jack cheese
Jack queso

I used "fluffy" eggs (scrambled well and a little water added) and cooked the meat and onions in with the egg. Then added cheese after flipping.

Omelet turned more into a scrambler due to a sticky pan in the cabin I'm staying in for the week but it was good. Using roast beef next time with same recipe.

Eggs
Deli beef
Sautéed onions
Shredded jack cheese
Jack queso

I used "fluffy" eggs (scrambled well and a little water added) and cooked the meat and onions in with the egg. Then added cheese after flipping.

a cabin in the woods - nice! any pix? log?

Latest posts

Back