The dealer called, and he had a "couple of saws for me to look at".

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taplinhill

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
So, I came home with a couple.

attachment.php

Nice haul!

That is one sweet J sp49. Points for her are NLA so be ready to use an Atom module if necessary. The one in your pic is missing the air filter and air filter cover/knob.

I just got my sp49 into a runner yesterday. It does still need a carb rebuild as it "wanders" a bit! But she ran and cut some logs for a few minutes. :0)

Regards,

SAWs

What a nice lot of saws.

We don't have a lot of big saws in my area and my local Stihl dealer won't let me even look at his repairable saws out of fear it will hurt his business.

So it is real nice that your dealer will actually call you.

Eric-

Nice haul. If you end up needing parts, I could probably help you with a few.

Thanks JJ, I'll keep that in mind!

What a nice lot of saws.

We don't have a lot of big saws in my area and my local Stihl dealer won't let me even look at his repairable saws out of fear it will hurt his business.

So it is real nice that your dealer will actually call you.

Yeah, he has always treated me good. Most other dealers around are like yours. They might sell you a part, but not a whole saw.

Thanks JJ, I'll keep that in mind!

Yeah, he has always treated me good. Most other dealers around are like yours. They might sell you a part, but not a whole saw.

Same here. Picked up some real nice saws a few years back and then he shut me off last year. They don't take the old saws in trade anymore, so I am hoping to get him to give guys my number so I can buy the saws and fix them, but I don't think he will because I may be able to fix them instead of them buying a new saw.

Nice bunch of saws, there. I would love to get my hands on a 266 or 268. My uncle has one and I fixed one for someone a while back. I like how they are built.

Yeah, I had a 268XP several years ago that I sold, and have always kind of missed. This will be the third 268(non-XP) that I 've had. They are far from the same performance. I hope to put this one together with a 272XP I have and come out with a good saw.

Nice score Taplinhill, my dealer luckily is like yours, he sold me a very sharp 024 super that had been straight gassed for twenty bucks. He always lets me go thru the saws. It looks like you did very well. good to have that kind of relationship.

Used saws don't exist according to a couple of my local dealers .
Another dealer has some used saws but wont sell them in case he needs parts but he won't sell used parts either :msp_confused: .

I am salivating all over my desk as I type this message. Hope my keyboard works after this.......Thinking about moving to Vermont! Nice haul

wow !

this would be considered gearhead poornography , right ? !! ?

maybe its just me ....

nice find
mike

Very nice collection of saws you came home with. Like a tour of europe. Swedish ladies and german gals:msp_thumbsup:

Back