The Descriptive Process

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The doc told me guys can expect 3 problems as we age. Bad knees (got those), bad shoulders (got one), and I forget the third thing. Something about memory, maybe.

Oh yeah and bad eyes. Mine are OK for now.

That's all that's wrong with you? Wait. There's carpal tunnel surgery and hip replacements and knee replacements and spinal fusion, and degenerative arthritis, and bifocals and tri focals and hair loss and stomach ulcers and skin cancer and hearing loss...well you get the picture.
Just some of God's little door prizes for getting older.

Oh, before I forget...the hair loss thing isnt so bad. Your head might get shiny but the hair starts growing out of your nose and ears in volumes that more than make up the difference.

There's more but I can't remember it.

geez Bob...............what can i look forward to thats good? i already got at least half of what ya said...........

No big deal. The ailments come on slowly and you adjust for them as you go.
You just keep on until you either can't anymore or just plain don't want to.

My favorite orthedpedic surgeon knows a hell of a lot more about this kind of stuff than I do and he said one time that the human body is not meant to take the punishment we give it when we're young. It gets even with us when we get older. He's right.

i believe it, i remember pushing myself to the limit of farther.......it hurt a little then, alot now. dad told me it would, i didn't listen.
LOL...I didn't listen either. My Dad ran a crop dusting outfit and he tried to get me to stay with that. Said it was safer. I dunno...I know a lot of busted up old crop dusters too. :laugh:
The most dangerous job in logging is working in the office. You wind up with a big belly and you can get it jammed under the desk and be stuck there for days.

That's all that's wrong with you? Wait. There's carpal tunnel surgery and hip replacements and knee replacements and spinal fusion, and degenerative arthritis, and bifocals and tri focals and hair loss and stomach ulcers and skin cancer and hearing loss...well you get the picture.
Just some of God's little door prizes for getting older.

Oh, before I forget...the hair loss thing isnt so bad. Your head might get shiny but the hair starts growing out of your nose and ears in volumes that more than make up the difference.

There's more but I can't remember it.
I've had pretty severe hearing loss since grade school. It really effected my grades in 7th and 8th grade.

LOL...I didn't listen either. My Dad ran a crop dusting outfit and he tried to get me to stay with that. Said it was safer. I dunno...I know a lot of busted up old crop dusters too. :laugh:
The most dangerous job in logging is working in the office. You wind up with a big belly and you can get it jammed under the desk and be stuck there for days.
the crazy thing is, i never got a severe injury in the woods. always doing some thing else like mechanic work.......wich goes along with woods work.......oh bumps and bruises, a little cut and maybe the white finger nerve damage or what ever makes my finners hum. all the bad stuff came from tryin to be a 8' 300lb dude.

Latest posts

Back