The Descriptive Process

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
northmanlogging
First time I've been on level ground and sitting since 8 this morning, feel like I'm falling over...

Got a new spare for the missus, Firestone forestry special! with like 50%+ tread on it...

Thinking I'm not going to try changing calcium filled skidder tires alone... ever again... The calcium did make a big difference in both stability and traction though.

Whitespider
spider WTF is wrong with you?
Yeah... I know.
The truth is... the fact that someone can brag here about trollin' the (so-called) "firewooders" and intentionally "pizzin' 'em off (although, she gives herself too much credit).
Yet not a single person on this forum calls her out on it??
And then, even worse, some defend it, and even post about the "respect" due her??
Well sorry... I call 'em like I see 'em (that's me... it always will be).
All I did was give 'em what they "respected"... nothin' more.
Still... I'm sorry that the rest of ya' had to put up with me for a day... it weren't fair... but it-is-what-it-is... it struck a cord with me.

slowp
OK. Enough. You are way more sensitive than I ever could imagine a man being. I do seem to annoy the manly men on the firewood site. I'll continue to do so because I'm not going to treat you special. Don't move here has been thrown around for several decades. We didn't do it as well as Oregon. If you don't understand a joke, too bad. Shut up and quit yer whining and widdle boy attempts at humor.

I do not mince words. IF you'd ever put any time in the woods, where you have to yell sometimes to have a conversation, you might understand that things can get "blunt".
One doesn't say, "Please don't stand there because a turn is coming in and you could be in danger and be killed or hurt by a log bumping or falling on you." Nope. Get out of the way, will suffice. Don't move here gets the point across.

I can't seem to say anything without offending some of the widdle boys on the firewood forum and the off topic forum. At least one seems to think I'm a witch. I've never been to Iowa but from the posts of the Iowa "men" I get the feeling that Northman's conclusion is correct. I have gone to school with, and later worked with a refugee from Iowa. I don't think he ever went back. He said it was ruined. The creeks and rivers were paved over or straightened out. The land was plowed up. The people were stuck in an old time warp. Your posts and other Iowa folks are confirming the latter.

Now go discuss your private parts. You seem to be able to entertain folks better doing that. Oh, and threads about peeing. Those demand much of that respect you speak of.

Don't move here. You'd hate it because there are quite a few of us who know about algebraic expressions. Or used to know. I was eating lunch today and a guy I was talking to recited a Robert Frost poem. We're a different world, thank goodness.

northmanlogging
The problem and I see it now.

You (i.e whitespider) are functionally illiterate (means you can read and sometimes spell but don't understand a ****ing thing).

And I'm not trying to be mean or trolling you, stop and read the ****ing sentence. Just been on the dry side (meaning eastern warshington) and pissing off the Firewooders on their forum (can't help it), meaning she's been hanging around in the other forum probably giving sound advice that has probably been misread, and twisted around. or purposely misquoted.

Start at the beginning, and try not to let your beer gut and balls get in the way of facts.

slowp

You (i.e whitespider) are functionally illiterate (means you can read and sometimes spell but don't understand a ****ing thing).

And I'm not trying to be mean or trolling you, stop and read the ****ing sentence. Just been on the dry side (meaning eastern warshington) and pissing off the Firewooders on their forum (can't help it), meaning she's been hanging around in the other forum probably giving sound advice that has probably been misread, and twisted around. or purposely misquoted.

Start at the beginning, and try not to let your beer gut and balls get in the way of facts.

You translated it well. :clap:

Whitespider
Nice try... I ain't buyin' it.
B'sides, the vulgarity destroyed any credibility in your post.

OK. Enough. You are way more sensitive than I ever could imagine a man being.
I do not mince words.
We're a different world, thank goodness.
Give me a break... this ain't about me... and it sure-in-hell ain't about you.

Oh... since you think it makes a man...
I've likely read more Frost than you realize exists.
You and your world ain't special... you just think it is.

The bear puts both arms around the tree above her
And draws it down as if it were a lover
And its choke cherries lips to kiss good-bye,
Then lets it snap back upright in the sky.
Her next step rocks a boulder on the wall
(She's making her cross-country in the fall).
Her great weight creaks the barbed-wire in its staples
As she flings over and off down through the maples,
Leaving on one wire tooth a lock a hair.
Suck is the uncaged progress of the bear.
The world has room to make a bear feel free;
The universe seems cramped to you and me.
Man acts more like the poor bear in a cage
His mood rejecting all his mind suggests.
He paces back and forth and never rests
The toe-nail click and shuffle of his feet,
The telescope at one end of his beat,
And at the other end the microscope,
Two instruments of nearly equal hope,
And in conjunction giving quite a spread.
Or if he rests from scientific tread,
'Tis only to sit back and sway his head
Through ninety odd degrees of arc, it seems,
Between two metaphysical extremes.
He sits back on his fundamental butt
With lifted snout and eyes (if any) shut,
(He almost looks religious but he's not).
And back and forth he sways from cheek to cheek ...

Gypo Logger

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
OK. Enough. You are way more sensitive than I ever could imagine a man being. I do seem to annoy the manly men on the firewood site. I'll continue to do so because I'm not going to treat you special. Don't move here has been thrown around for several decades. We didn't do it as well as Oregon. If you don't understand a joke, too bad. Shut up and quit yer whining and widdle boy attempts at humor.

I do not mince words. IF you'd ever put any time in the woods, where you have to yell sometimes to have a conversation, you might understand that things can get "blunt".
One doesn't say, "Please don't stand there because a turn is coming in and you could be in danger and be killed or hurt by a log bumping or falling on you." Nope. Get out of the way, will suffice. Don't move here gets the point across.

I can't seem to say anything without offending some of the widdle boys on the firewood forum and the off topic forum. At least one seems to think I'm a witch. I've never been to Iowa but from the posts of the Iowa "men" I get the feeling that Northman's conclusion is correct. I have gone to school with, and later worked with a refugee from Iowa. I don't think he ever went back. He said it was ruined. The creeks and rivers were paved over or straightened out. The land was plowed up. The people were stuck in an old time warp. Your posts and other Iowa folks are confirming the latter.

Now go discuss your private parts. You seem to be able to entertain folks better doing that. Oh, and threads about peeing. Those demand much of that respect you speak of.

Don't move here. You'd hate it because there are quite a few of us who know about algebraic expressions. Or used to know. I was eating lunch today and a guy I was talking to recited a Robert Frost poem. We're a different world, thank goodness.
Got no idea why I liked her post, but I did.
John

Samlock

Samlock

Addicted to ArboristSite
I've been away for few days. Now it seems somebody's got to call the beach boy and tell him to open up the lid of his nursery, so Itchy could slip back in.