The Descriptive Process

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the way out to the landing I came across a bit of road that had flooded the night before or some such... lots of cars parked in the ditch some with sticks and stuff in the windows... Tow truck was there to remove em...

Also snow sticks to the rubber soled calks... very annoying...

Tomorrow we go yule tree hunting... last check there was a foot of snow on the ground up there, that was last weekend... Have to go up high for the elusive silver fir... its always an adventure this year could be extra special...

I'll be running saw every day for the next 3 weeks...at the Lions Club Christmas lot. I decided to use the "bore cut with a pole saw" technique to keep myself out of the danger zone. Wish me luck and I will be back in mid December.

Reading the posts in reverse order, I was just about to reply to slowp and RandyMac not to forget the pole saw when I see that you remembered. Gologit said you knew what you were doing most of the time. I see again that he is correct. ;) Ron

Mike, thanks for asking. My arms and shoulders are killing me - been driving too much lately and sleeping in a hotel. However, I am a proud granddaddy of my second granddaughter born on the 17th. Beautiful, dark haired and weighing in at 8# 1 oz. Tough little gal too. She was born with CDH and scared the daylights out of us. Upon discovery of the CDH, they immediately flew in a 4 person medical team from Vanderbilt. They packed her up and flew her to Nashville where she has been ever since. Through lots of answered prayers and skilled care, she has survived surgery and transitioned off ECMO (a heart and lung bypass machine). We are now praying that she will soon be weaned from the ventilator. Amazing stuff - the human body and medical technology.

With all the excitement, I have been too tired to post. Just as well as Bob would have had to calm me down if I had weighed in on Mr. Pole Saw.

Ron

Mike, thanks for asking. My arms and shoulders are killing me - been driving too much lately and sleeping in a hotel. However, I am a proud granddaddy of my second granddaughter born on the 17th. Beautiful, dark haired and weighing in at 8# 1 oz. Tough little gal too. She was born with CDH and scared the daylights out of us. Upon discovery of the CDH, they immediately flew in a 4 person medical team from Vanderbilt. They packed her up and flew her to Nashville where she has been ever since. Through lots of answered prayers and skilled care, she has survived surgery and transitioned off ECMO (a heart and lung bypass machine). We are now praying that she will soon be weaned from the ventilator. Amazing stuff - the human body and medical technology.

With all the excitement, I have been too tired to post. Just as well as Bob would have had to calm me down if I had weighed in on Mr. Pole Saw.

Ron
you and your family have our thoughts and prayers Ron...........

You have more snow than I do here in Alaska. We are getting our second snow right now... we only have 1" on the ground total.

It doesn't usually last real long here, in fact I was a little surprised to see any when I got home, last check it was 19 def F on the wood shed, and cloudy, normally it gets that cold here its clear skies... the weather guessers said it would be cold and clear today... so far they where only half right.

24 here. I was out visiting friends at a higher elevation where there was enough snow for the kids to do some sledding. Then the sun went away and salt had to be used on the wooden steps of their house. I crept down the curvy grade with no slippage and the rest of the way was dry road. I was dreading the drive home all the time I was there.
The sky is clear, the moon is bright and I think I have everything weatherized.

Our low so far this season has been -14. We have snow like it's mid January. 48 today! Seriously.

Depending who's yard you are in it always smells like sheep 'round here no matter what direction the wind is from. Winters are long in these parts.

Back