The Descriptive Process

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why the hell do we keep answering those goofy "how do I fall this tree" posts? Some of the methods suggested by the weekend warriors are strange and some are just downright scary. We put in our two cents worth and it's mostly ignored or argued with. I think I''ll stay up here in F&L...it's saner here.

I don't know if you noticed, but I think the owner of the split tree in the Chainsaw forum DID listen. It was just the experts that don't have anything to do with it that were giving you grief.

According to the hydrograph thing, and there is an instrument mounted on the bridge, the Cowlitz has entered the Minor Flooding stage. I think that means that the swamps are filling up, although it did look like the dairy farmer moved his cows up on a humpy piece of ground.

Our rivers are bankfull, even the Mad and Redwood Creek are runnin' mud, the Smith is steelhead color. Got 5 days or so of good rain coming, starting Thursday.

I used to live in Blue Lake. If the Mad is bankfull that is some serious water. The last time I saw that was '95. I remember seeing more than one dead cow on its way to the Pacific floating in the waves on the river. There where even more dead cows on the beach that year. We canoed the Mad from town to the ocean that year around thanksgiving. It was a quick trip.

Well I guess I may have gotten fired today... for arguing... All I wanted was the work order and the print to match... what I got was a bunch of hand written numbers and called names... And then told to go home we'll get someone else to do it... its just tooling for airbus... lives depend on it no big deal...

I'll go in monday and see if I still have a job, if not **** em I got enough timber in front of me for 4-5 weeks full time, and some more phone calls to make.

Well I guess I may have gotten fired today... for arguing... All I wanted was the work order and the print to match... what I got was a bunch of hand written numbers and called names... And then told to go home we'll get someone else to do it... its just tooling for airbus... lives depend on it no big deal...

I'll go in monday and see if I still have a job, if not **** em I got enough timber in front of me for 4-5 weeks full time, and some more phone calls to make.
This might be that full-time window you were looking for.

Might be a blessing in disguise.

Latest posts

Back