The Descriptive Process

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
two bucket trucks and my grinder all went down this morn. one truck hydro leak. fixed. truck two the planeteries out on the rotatory gearbox. not fixed . cant get the damn gearbox to come out , damn neer stroked out this afternoon trying to get it to come loose. grinder just a diode in the alt , fixed. spending coin not making today. i'll go out later when it's c ooler and try that gearbox again. and it being fri don't help. :msp_rolleyes:

Always something with mechanical equipment. I did good haying this yr...only $400 or so in repairs.

The mini-mart that still has non-ethanol gas was out of the higher octane. Darn:msp_biggrin: weedwhacking may be curtailed. Should I have a saw emergency, there are the little cans of premix waiting.

they have done it here already and going for more. :msp_angry: cant fish hardly anywhere . thats part of the reason i sold my big boat.:(

"Rewilding"? These people must stay up at night to come up with these terms. Oh, and these single species forest? What's going to happen to all the wildlife that depend on diversity? Sorry for the soapbox.

"Rewilding"? These people must stay up at night to come up with these terms. Oh, and these single species forest? What's going to happen to all the wildlife that depend on diversity? Sorry for the soapbox.

let me slide my soap box right along side. a single species forest is not a forest, it a sterile tree farm.

I foolishly got a fishing license this year. I had no idea how complex the rules are. Many trees must be killed for the rule book, I guess that's where the silver lining is?

The Pinchot Partners, is the farce that supposedly gives input and gets grants for our area. Unfortunately, the local people on it do not have a high level formal education, and the enviros on it do. Guess who usually gets their way? Hint--not local.

I broke something deep in one of the datasets from a cruise, and now the numbers won't behave themselves. It would be an easier error to find if it showed up as +/- at least one order of magnitude off, but instead it's in the ballpark but plain wrong. It's aggravating.

Ruh roh. This is us. From the weather people:

... Red flag warning in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to 11 PM
PDT this evening for scattered lightning for fire weather zones 658 and

The National Weather Service in Seattle has issued a red flag
warning... which is in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to 11 PM
PDT this evening.

* Affected area... fire weather zones 658 and 659.

* Wind... gusty and erratic winds can be expected near thunderstorms.

* Thunderstorms... scattered thunderstorms are expected to develop
this afternoon and evening. Rainfall with these storms will
initially be light... increasing into the evening.

* Impacts... lighting that strikes dry fuels will have the
potential to ignite fire and increase initial attack.

Precautionary/preparedness actions...

A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. Scattered lightning in
dry fuels can contribute to numerous fire starts and stretch
available firefighting resources. Thunderstorms can also bring
erratic and gusty winds to existing fires.

It sure is muggy and the skeeters are thirsty.

Even though I started as early as possible I did a poor job of skinning the steer I butchered yesterday. Bright side I did not get stung by the yellow jackets or bald face hornets.

This is gonna sound crazy, but I implore you all to stay with me here.

1) Cutting
2) In Washington
3) In The Rain
4) In August

is hot, wet work.

Just thought I should point that out.

(props to our friends in the South who don't call it "humid" unless they're blowing bubbles in the air)

This is gonna sound crazy, but I implore you all to stay with me here.

1) Cutting
2) In Washington
3) In The Rain
4) In August

is hot, wet work.

Just thought I should point that out.

(props to our friends in the South who don't call it "humid" unless they're blowing bubbles in the air)

Always look on the bright side....

I am hoping that enough precip has fallen to get the mushrooms to pop up and then the huckleberry pickers will leave the berries and go for fungi.
The :censored: tents are up. :msp_angry:

Back