The Descriptive Process

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was running from a noisy event and bounced off the big end of a butt log, drove a DF splinter right through the middle of the first joint of my trigger finger. Yep, glove and all. I clipped off the ends, cut the finger of the glove off, tried to pull it out with vice grips, no go. Had old Doc Thornton give it a try, he pinned my finger over a table edge and drove it out using an awl. He got most of it, but resorted to a scalpel to get the rest, 6 stitches to close it up.

I was running from a noisy event and bounced off the big end of a butt log, drove a DF splinter right through the middle of the first joint of my trigger finger. Yep, glove and all. I clipped off the ends, cut the finger of the glove off, tried to pull it out with vice grips, no go. Had old Doc Thornton give it a try, he pinned my finger over a table edge and drove it out using an awl. He got most of it, but resorted to a scalpel to get the rest, 6 stitches to close it up.
Uhhhhhhh, damn!

No wonder yer awnry!

ouch

They're pretty good, what happened would have messed up regular bar too... dutched the off side something fierce so while she went over is sat down hard on the bar...
That's always the catch with that. Too much protrusion and ,wham, the bar is bent. Just like doctors we keep "practicing".

Hey is Huskstihl stihl on here?

Maybe some of you guys could help me figure something out. I have been having problems with my left hand. I run 8 hour days and when I get done and almost to the house my left hand draws up like a massive charlie horse and distorts my hand into looking like a withered claw. I am not getting charlie horses anywhere else so I am ruling out dehydration.

I fractured that same hand 2 months ago and didn't go get treatment, I could still manage to start my saw and hold it so I just tried to make it work. With the said hand healing from injury...the cramping of said hand feels as if my fracture is gonna crack back open...very painful even though it only lasts no more than a minute and only happens once or twice a day.

Have any of you guys ever experienced hand cramping such as I have described? If so, do you know anything I could take to help it stay away while the fracture continues to try and heal?

Thanks in advance.

Oh and Randy...yer a bad ass, no doubt brother! WHOOT!

Hey is Huskstihl stihl on here?

Maybe some of you guys could help me figure something out. I have been having problems with my left hand. I run 8 hour days and when I get done and almost to the house my left hand draws up like a massive charlie horse and distorts my hand into looking like a withered claw. I am not getting charlie horses anywhere else so I am ruling out dehydration.

I fractured that same hand 2 months ago and didn't go get treatment, I could still manage to start my saw and hold it so I just tried to make it work. With the said hand healing from injury...the cramping of said hand feels as if my fracture is gonna crack back open...very painful even though it only lasts no more than a minute and only happens once or twice a day.

Have any of you guys ever experienced hand cramping such as I have described? If so, do you know anything I could take to help it stay away while the fracture continues to try and heal?

Thanks in advance.

Oh and Randy...yer a bad ass, no doubt brother! WHOOT!
I can get tendonitis from carpentry or being on the saw. That sounds waaay worse.

Sorry mang. :0(

Back