The Eathquake is silenced

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GrassGuerilla

GrassGuerilla

Olympic Piss-reving wanna be.
I have a bin of dead quakes. If you pm me your address, I'll get a P&C mailed out to you.
Just curious, what killed em? Of the half dozen I bought, 2 have seen moderately heavy use and all are still running. One even had mild scoring when I got it, but after cleaning up the transfer and slapping it back together it's my own truck saw. They seem pretty tough.

Ozhoo

Ozhoo

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Just curious, what killed em? Of the half dozen I bought, 2 have seen moderately heavy use and all are still running. One even had mild scoring when I got it, but after cleaning up the transfer and slapping it back together it's my own truck saw. They seem pretty tough.

I have a couple that just need fuel lines. I took them in on trade and never got around to fixing them. I'm a magnet for quakes and wild things :angry:

Chris-PA

Chris-PA

Where the Wild Things Are
Chinese piston, ring, wrist pin, clips and cylinder for $43.65 free shipping from GB on eBay. That's more than I paid for the saw!
Not really relevant unless you are trying to sell it at a profit, or if you think you could get another for that price. As @Nathan lassley mentioned, the RY3716 is similar, but a little nicer, and they are available on eBay pretty cheap.

deputyrpa

deputyrpa

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Not really relevant unless you are trying to sell it at a profit, or if you think you could get another for that price. As @Nathan lassley mentioned, the RY3716 is similar, but a little nicer, and they are available on eBay pretty cheap.

I was just comparing to the low price of the saw. I should have used a smiley! :) I do not mind paying that to get it back running, because it has been worth more than that to me. I'm already on the 3rd bar!

Chris-PA

Chris-PA

Where the Wild Things Are
I was just comparing to the low price of the saw. I should have used a smiley! :) I do not mind paying that to get it back running, because it has been worth more than that to me. I'm already on the 3rd bar!
BTW, some (maybe all) of those eBay G3800 cylinders will be much closer to the original Zenoah porting than to the restrictive Earthquake ports, which were designed to meet emissions with a CAT. The transfers are especially different.

2012-12-22_22-58-27_297.jpg
ChineseAM Cylinder.jpg

deputyrpa

deputyrpa

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Saw a 3714 on ebay that may sell less than 20$ with shipping when bidding ends tomorrow.
Thanks. There's a boatload of them that will sell in the $20s and end within a couple of days. Holy moly! Some are new open box. Uh oh!

Ozhoo was kind enough to ship me a p&s from one of his dead 'uns, but heck, you can't beat that price for a trail beater. I have to fashion a scabbard for the Rokon now!