The Forbidden Hack Question...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still think there are ways to guide folks in a better direction than ridicule and character assasination.
I have been known to get impatient sometimes, but shouldn't we stop short of stupidity in our efforts? I see no need to sink to the lowest common denominator in discussions.

THis could be a Mars/Venus thing...I am a gal after all.

I didn't grow up like that ! In my house there was a such thing as a dumb question , and dumbasses for that matter , if I jumped off the roof my dad didn't pat me on the head if I broke my leg , he would yell at me and tell me all the way to the hospital I was an idiot ! Maybe if we stopped rewarding people for mediocrity we would actually start to accel . Again maybe it's just me ! Just seems that there's a lot of coddling going on anymore , and that's nice that your a woman , it's a nice change , there should be more here .

I didn't grow up like that ! In my house there was a such thing as a dumb question , and dumbasses for that matter , if I jumped off the roof my dad didn't pat me on the head if I broke my leg , he would yell at me and tell me all the way to the hospital I was an idiot ! Maybe if we stopped rewarding people for mediocrity we would actually start to accel . Again maybe it's just me ! Just seems that there's a lot of coddling going on anymore , and that's nice that your a woman , it's a nice change , there should be more here .

I hear you, although your wording is only understood by a certain group.
I quess to the 'thin skin' guy's and the 'Gals', we seem harsh and crass,,
In the defense of (cough), 101,, Squirrel is jumping in on every thread and deserves any feed back he get's.
No matter what forum he puts in in.
I remember way back when,, Smokey,, now a squirrel? hmmmm
Jeff

I still think there are ways to guide folks in a better direction than ridicule and character assasination.
I have been known to get impatient sometimes, but shouldn't we stop short of stupidity in our efforts? I see no need to sink to the lowest common denominator in discussions.

THis could be a Mars/Venus thing...I am a gal after all.

Hi Bernie!
This here Squirrel is a tapole who wants to be a frog a mlittle too desperately.
His metamorphosis to (self-conferred) arboricultural puberty hit a speed bump here, but the squirrel just needs knowledge & experience. As do we all. Anyway, I mean the squirrel no ill will, and my Dentists with Dremels in Straw Huts comment was not intended to be mean sprited. Heck no.
If I run over a squirrel with my truck tomorrow, I will surely mourn it's passing.

I gotto get to bed. It's like bedtme even for the California Cabal.
Tried to put an eye splice in some Poison Ivy tonight, and that sucker got me beat.

Got the perfect saw for you buddy.

attachment.php

I gotto get to bed. It's like bedtme even for the California Cabal.
Tried to put an eye splice in some Poison Ivy tonight, and that sucker got me beat.

I've done quite a few splices in poison ivy with not much more than a coat hanger and some whipping twine. What's got you beat? Getting the core buried into the tail is probably the hardest part. Getting the eye milked fully closed is probably the second. A rubber mallet and some patience helps for the latter. A brian toss splicing wand helps for the former, otherwise the coathanger plus slippery tape method works ok for the cheap skates like me. Milking a LOT of cover back to the eye before attempting to bury the core into the tail helps too.

Shaun

Getting that core pulled back into the tail is where I hit the wall. Didn't feel up to going outside to the vise on the chipper last night, whch might have made a difference. I'm amazed how easy the U-tube video (Nick splicing Blue Moon) makes the process look. Seems almost like the guy is cheating!

Daughter lent me some yellow and pink nailpolish to make marks that show up on the Poison Ivy. Tried using thread, but that sucked.
I broke the loop on the end of ny Toss wand, and not having much luck experimenting with whipping twine or heavy nylon thread loops. The stopper knot gets pulled through when you yank really hard. Also, when inserting the wand (or the coathanger; I tried that as well), it would snag the core pretty easy, so it took a lot of fiddling to even get a clear path through the tail........and then the loop would let go! Just one of those nights.
Have only spliced Stable braid before this, and that is a cakewalk compared to this 24 strand stuff.

Was it used, or new? New isn't that hard. Used is near on suicidal. I'll try to post up some tips on gettting the core buried into the tail tomorrow. Maybe we ought to start a new thread.

Shaun

Oh yeah, you got me pegged. Im a bad guy to consider buying a $75 saw so my helper can cut up brush. The shoe laces work better than you would think. What kind of equipment did you start your company with? Does your breath always smell like that when you talk or is it just this thread?

Well I have been in the business for 1 year now
I Saved up and started with a Stihl ms200t and basic climbing and rigging gear
Now one year later I have an ms362 and ms660 Complete set rigging gear and Climbing gear
I sub all my chipping work out and I have 2 guy that work part-time. I average about $1500-$2000 per day
That comes out to (half day of chipping $250) (2 gound guys $125x2) (Me Climbing at $300 what I pay myself)
and the other 700 - 1200 goes into the business account. Now we don't make a killing i do ok for being new to the biz (i have 4 years experience)
but if u can't spend a few hundred buck on a pro level saw Then you need to look at you business model and fix things there is money to be made in this industry.

If you do
good work, show up, are honest, look and act professional have reasonable rates
then there should be no reason that you cant make enough money to buy a saw

what you saying just doesn't make sense

by the way when I bought my ms660 it was paid for within 2 hours of picking it up

Well I have been in the business for 1 year now
I Saved up and started with a Stihl ms200t and basic climbing and rigging gear
Now one year later I have an ms362 and ms660 Complete set rigging gear and Climbing gear
I sub all my chipping work out and I have 2 guy that work part-time. I average about $1500-$2000 per day
That comes out to (half day of chipping $250) (2 gound guys $125x2) (Me Climbing at $300 what I pay myself)
and the other 700 - 1200 goes into the business account. Now we don't make a killing i do ok for being new to the biz (i have 4 years experience)
but if u can't spend a few hundred buck on a pro level saw Then you need to look at you business model and fix things there is money to be made in this industry.

If you do
good work, show up, are honest, look and act professional have reasonable rates
then there should be no reason that you cant make enough money to buy a saw

what you saying just doesn't make sense

by the way when I bought my ms660 it was paid for within 2 hours of picking it up

Wow, your chipper sub sure does work cheap!

Latest posts

Back