The future is now here, the Stihl new cordless electric saw!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7sleeper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well I found this in a german Stihl folder http://www.kaufda.de/Der-Herbst-kann-kommen-STIHL-Fachhaendler/b-b144125669. Thought it might be interesting for some here. Can't wait to read about kw/kg discussion(Hi Sawtroll!). It is thought as a small garden saw ( I believe in the 170/189 class). It has a 36V lithium batery. The ad also indicates the use indoors since it is free of exhaust. Can't wait to have my wife relocate my sawing time to cleaning saw chip times. Not bad about 840$ for a e-saw. No more carb settings. No mix. Now wait what will become of AS? The main problems here will just disapear.

attachment.php

Enjoy,

Last edited:
For what it is worth me still rep said the saw would be out next year, and that they would be coming out with more tools thAt the battery would interchange with.

I was just at Wally World looking for some hydraulic fluid (which they didn't have) and saw a 18 volt Black and Decker on the shelf. I have not yet developed a desire to own one.

I'm surprised Makita doesn't have one.

That would be right up their alley, so to speak. They already make great cordless tools and they own Dolmar....

They need to use the 18v lithium battery at the very least, I just bought their LXT circular saw and I like it, It has enough nut, but doesn't weigh a ton. 12v just doesn't cut it.

I was just at Wally World looking for some hydraulic fluid (which they didn't have) and saw a 18 volt Black and Decker on the shelf. I have not yet developed a desire to own one.

I work at Wally world and B&D actually makes a while range of equipment that uses that same 18v battery, but they are a NiCd battery. I know they have a chainsaw, string trimmer, hedge trimmer, leaf blower, pole saw, drill, circular saw, work light and probably some other stuff also. There is also a 24v line as well, but I don't think it has as many products available.

if you guys go to youtube and look up 'my home made electric husqvarna chainsaw' (or something like that:)). you'll find a carver that has a couple of vids on his. of course, my comp blocks me from viewing anything youtube.
stupid work computer:chainsaw::givebeer:

woops sorry i meant putfile. however it seems the link is broken, but heres the original thread with it: http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=86121
i don't know enough about computers to fix it...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back