The "Holy Grail" of Homelite Parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wildman1024

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
When I woke up yesterday afternoon sure enough was a nice little package on my porch. I opened it up and saw my beautiful auto oiler. Yesterday was certainty borderline happiest day of my life! :givebeer:

I've decided to take my XP1020 I built from NOS parts off the trading post because now I don't need to sell it... It will auto oil now. I do have to modify the clutch side crank case though because when I built it I used a case w/o the provision for the oiler. Shouldn't be a big deal just drilling 3 small holes.

I moved the 36" bar that was on this saw to my 1050 auto and just found the holy grail of 30" bars to finish this saw off. Stay tuned to this thread for info and pics of the bar when it comes in. It's like X-Mas all over again :cheers:

DSC04308.jpg

DSC04309.jpg

DSC04310.jpg

DSC04311.jpg

Good on you Wildman - you have been chasing this one for a while and it has finally come in. It is always nice to see some research work paying off, and even better that you don't have to give up a saw. I look forward to seeing the pics of your saws when you have them completed.

Well done, nice score!

Regards,

Chris.

Looks great.......

That looks great! Madsaw is a great guy to deal with, and he comes up with some awesome stuff. Or maybe I should say his wife does! Thanks for the extra pics and I can't wait to see it on your saw. Best, Max.:clap::clap::clap:

Here is the only other one that I have ever seen. It's Darrin's.
c9restore-done4.JPG

Thanks for all the kind words guys. That picture of darrins c9 with the oiler is actually the only ther one I have seen to. I actually stumbled apon his site right before this site. At the time i thought it was cool but the cad never set it yet. I never though I was gonna be searching for one myself. I hope to get my saw modded this weekend and it installed, I won't have the bar till this next week though.

I can't believe you found one of these NOS. Your going to love having it though as long as you can modify your saw to accept it. You may have to swap out your drive case side to use it due to how the oil goes in, then makes a 90 degree turn, another 90 degree turn then feeds back out a smaller lower hole in the drive case side where it's then fed up to the bar. I've got one of these on my C91 that I've got a 36" bar on and it oils very nicely. In fact at times it almost oils too much. Mine is well used and came off of a XP1000 that I had bought just for the auto oiler.

Really looking forward to seeing pics of your saw when your done.

Wildman have fun with it. I was very suprised it went so fast. But then again. It s jsut been amazing going through these boxes and finding these parts. I knwo there is more parts that I will have to picture for you guys. Also I have a few standing orders I am working on filling.
It has just been amazing the amount of older big saw parts that was at this place.
Thanks again Wildman.
Bob

Bob- Are you gonna set us up with some 2100 Super parts rigs??? :)

I think there is a few but not many parts for the 2100's . Still have one more box to sort. Then I will try to list a few items of the bigger nature.
Bob

I think there is a few but not many parts for the 2100's . Still have one more box to sort. Then I will try to list a few items of the bigger nature.
Bob

Bob,

I assume you got the chains the other day. I might have to run up to your place in a bit.

Bill

Bob,

I assume you got the chains the other day. I might have to run up to your place in a bit.

Bill

Yeap I got them. Thanks much. I am doing that swap today. Will have to change the rim on the 56 to run that bar but oh well.
Lee,
From what I have seen I have only one full wrap and its for a 7- or 9- series saws. But then again I have yet to get through that box yet.
Bob

Thanks for all the nice words guys. It was certainty quite the find. I was at work checking my email real quick on the phone and happened to get an update on the thread it was posted in. Sure enough up came a pic of that oiler...Thanks to the IPhone I was able to get a PM on its way immediately

I cannot wait to get it on the saw...What till you all see "The icing on the cake"! I got a pretty special 30" bar on its way here right now...No other info then that but it should make a great pair with the oiler.

Latest posts

Back