The "Holy Grail" of Homelite Parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure looks nice WM. Gotta be a great feeling to find something you've been looking for so long, and especially a new one!

Dan

Sure looks nice WM. Gotta be a great feeling to find something you've been looking for so long, and especially a new one!

Dan

I'm just happy to be a "Little Guy" and able to get my hands on it! Not picking on the big collectors but they seem to have all the time and money it seems to scoop up these kinda things....+1 for the little guys :cheers:

I'm just happy to be a "Little Guy" and able to get my hands on it! Not picking on the big collectors but they seem to have all the time and money it seems to scoop up these kinda things....+1 for the little guys :cheers:

hey little guy, can you run a full comp or do you need a skippy for that little saw? :D

Yeah, those guys make me nuts.:biggrinbounce2:

Too many 750's?!??!?! Whats that? Must be some kinda new fangled language I never heard of. Ya know, there are two right now on ebay that I am going to ignore completely (probably).

Lol you ignoring 750's would be like me selling all my saws and starting a stamp collection. :cheers:

it's all good though hoss, we still like ya.

Bars in the Mail

Well i got the 30" bar I was talking about to finish the build off in the mail today. It's gonna look so good on there...nuttin better then a Cannon Roller Nose. :cheers:

DSC04366.jpg

DSC04375.jpg

Started doing the drilling on the side case i have to be able to accept the oiler. It was a lot harder then I originally anticipated. I did some searching around and was able to find a new NOS case half already setup for the auto oiler so I grabbed it. So now life is as easy and switching the case half when it comes in.

Well i can finally start putting this saw together and get my oiler on it. Thought about modding the case i had but after I started realized it was gonna be harder then i thought. I did a little search and got lucky. I was able to find a NEW NOS case for my saw that i needed. just gotta do a quick swap and we are all set.

The drive case for the oiler needs to have those 2 holes by the studs and oil channel. Coil comes out into the big hole between the studs from a tube on the oiler and it forces it up into the channel threw the hole where the small silver plug is.

DSC04380.jpg

DSC04383.jpg

DSC04381.jpg

Where are you finding all of these NOS parts? Make sure to remove the little brass screw in the lower oil feed hole in the T looking section, or your oiler won't be able to feed oil out to the bar.

Looking forward to seeing some pics of your final assembly.

Where are you finding all of these NOS parts? Make sure to remove the little brass screw in the lower oil feed hole in the T looking section, or your oiler won't be able to feed oil out to the bar.

Looking forward to seeing some pics of your final assembly.

I'll get some more pics up later of it. I worked on it for a little while and got the new case on. When I get back from the hospital I'll finish putting the saw back together. It was actually a pain so far cause my crank side case has rowels in it and the new clutch side does not have the holes for them so I had to remove them. I Also need to find the brass plugs/check valves forthe casecause the ones I have are to big. But it's coming together... Nothing can ever be simple ya know.

As for finding the nos parts... I cannot give away all my secrets. They are actually hiding out in plain site right on eBay. I fond when you search you don't really find everything. You gotta really start going threw peoples stores.

Thats probably the coolest piece of gear I've seen for a long time.

You're good.

:popcorn::popcorn:

Back