The last of my saws are gone and I wanted to shed a tear

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Things have been pretty tough this last year and I’ve decided to make a change and leave California. What does not fit in my car had to go and that meant my saws needed to be sold. I just sold my last saws today and I feel terrible. I don’t know about anyone else, but sometimes I feel weird about passing on mechanical things. I have this fear like a parent that they will not be well cared for.

I've learned a lot from this site just by searching and I'd like to thank everyone for their help. This site is a great resource.

I hope to be back in the game soon, but I feel this sacrifice will be worth it.

I would not worry about it to much, I have done the same thing three times in my life and I have always seemed to come back stronger each time.

I live about 30 miles east of Fargo. We have a small clan of AS members here local that are into saws. You'd be more than welcome hang out with us and run saws. However, to be quite honest, there aren't a ton of trees right around fargo. You have to travel east into minnesota about 40 miles before you get into heavily wooded land.

I'm not sure what your trade is, but fargo is booming right now economically and it has been for the last 10 or so years. It has a very diverse and growing job market.

There are many articles online about fargo's job market. Here is one of them.

There are no oil fields near fargo. They are all in the western part of the state. The oil fields are really booming also from what others have been telling me.

Good luck on your move and let me know when you get here.

Last edited:
Myarmistired, let me know where you land, I'll send you a saw so you don't feel naked.

That's a real standup move, Randy. Good people.

Myarmistired, my belt's a little tight right now too, but I can spare you a couple boxes of 5.56 out of the personal stash if you need.

Last edited:
Hang in there. Things will get better, and just remember, we're pulling for ya' :D I'm sure people here will be more than happy to help you get some new saws once you get settled. :hmm3grin2orange:

Sorry to hear your situation forced you to sell the saws, but I've got to say my saws would be the first to go............

............right after the wife and the grandkids:biggrin:

Just kiddin'.

Good for you for getting out of that God forsaken state:rock::rock::rock:

You will be surprised by the lack of regulation's in other states compared to mexifornia.

Regardless, good luck with your voyage

Do you have free internet service down there?
My saws are tools, they can build my family shelter and keep us warm.

When times get tough, stand back and look at where you are and what you need to do. A saw is a more valuable tool than a cell phone/internet/satellite tv/fast food/buying a coffee at a store....etc....

Then again a chainsaw i California........not cold down there, why do you need a saw? North Dakota......you might want a saw.

Back