The made in north america Old Magnesium Swap Meet.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poulan 31

Still looking for a top cover and screws, and an air filter setup......:hmm3grin2orange:

Anyone have a Remington PL5 starter housing? The one that is on the saw has all of the bottom fins missing?

Just the bare housing? I have one marked/tagged for a PL-4 here that should work if you are not worried about cosmetics. Or, an orange & white one from a Wards. They are all the same PL/SL-4, PL-5, SL-11 etc.

Carl.

Boneyard American saw and one Poulan 86 in excellent condition

Have an old Lancaster saw. Turns over fine, good compression, no fire. Have a Poulan 86 gear drive in excellent condition, runs like a top. I am not a Poulan collector, so I'm looking to swap for parts or sell. I'd put these things on Ebay but it seems sacriligious. Anyone interested?

Have an old Lancaster saw. Turns over fine, good compression, no fire. Have a Poulan 86 gear drive in excellent condition, runs like a top. I am not a Poulan collector, so I'm looking to swap for parts or sell. I'd put these things on Ebay but it seems sacriligious. Anyone interested?

I may be interested in the Poulan 86. Witch model Lancaster?
Do you have any pics of these saws?

What parts are you looking for?

I also would have a little interest in the 86. If you and Cliff dont make a deal that is.

Guys, I need a friction shoe for a Remington Mighty mite if someone has one.

I was going to pm the link to that geardrive but, I see you two sniffed it out.................................................................................:laugh:

Is that like my 47 only with a gearbox?

Carl.

Originally Posted by Modifiedmark View Post
I also would have a little interest in the 86. If you and Cliff dont make a deal that is.

Guys, I need a friction shoe for a Remington Mighty mite if someone has one.

I have one, but I thought if no one was interested in it, I would be.
So if you want it or Carl make a deal. I will wait and see.

I was going to pm the link to that geardrive but, I see you two sniffed it out.................................................................................:laugh:

Is that like my 47 only with a gearbox?

Carl.

Here is mine.
attachment.php

attachment.php

I have one, but I thought if no one was interested in it, I would be.
So if you want it or Carl make a deal. I will wait and see.

Well I did say "after you" :laugh:

There not on the top of my list either but like you, if there wasnt a big demand going for one, I would be interested, but seems we have not heard back yet anyway.

I have mighty mite parts saw sitting under my bench--- what is it that you need ??

I need what they call the friction shoe. Its the piece that fastens to the recoil pully that holds the two dogs that engage the starter cup when pulling it over. Basically the I need the assembly that fastens to the pulley. Its held on with one screw.

I had a box of parts and a saw or two that I gave away to someone here sometime ago cause I thought I wouldnt ever need em. :laugh: Aint that the way it always goes?

I will check the saw this morning after coffee and get back to you.

There not on the top of my list either but like you, if there wasnt a big demand going for one, I would be interested, but seems we have not heard back yet anyway.

I need what they call the friction shoe. Its the piece that fastens to the recoil pully that holds the two dogs that engage the starter cup when pulling it over. Basically the I need the assembly that fastens to the pulley. Its held on with one screw.

I had a box of parts and a saw or two that I gave away to someone here sometime ago cause I thought I wouldnt ever need em. :laugh: Aint that the way it always goes?

Sorry to get your hopes up-- the recoil side of the saw I have is missing, I have most of the stuff
on the right side of the points box.

I have a spare recoil, but I just had to steal some parts off of it. One of the little hooks that holds the spring on that works the dog broke off of my MM, so I swapped out the whole assembly. In the IPL the whole piece including dogs is called the friction shoe. I'm assuming this is the piece your talking about. If not, let me know, and I should have what you need.

Back