The made in north america Old Magnesium Swap Meet.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pic. of the type I have in leftovers. Mostly from Lombard and Homelite. The hook fits around the pawl and the tail rests against a flywheel fin. Eye part goes over the pivot stud boss. Preloads the notched end of the pawl against the end of the crankshaft.

attachment.php

The ones on the top right look like what i have on the SXL. I can try what i have and provide info. On the SXL it looks like you take the nut off and the spring just slips off. On the 4000 I had to try and unwind it as the stud is pressed or cast into place but it was already damaged so I did not see any harm. What is the best method to remove and install them on the Poulan without over stressing them?

The ones on the top right look like what i have on the SXL. I can try what i have and provide info. On the SXL it looks like you take the nut off and the spring just slips off. On the 4000 I had to try and unwind it as the stud is pressed or cast into place but it was already damaged so I did not see any harm. What is the best method to remove and install them on the Poulan without over stressing them?

I bought a set of these:
Poulan Starter Dog Spring 530023817 New OD | eBay

I think that'll fix you up. The only problem with this is we're gonna have one more guy looking for poulans now...lol

I think that'll fix you up. The only problem with this is we're gonna have one more guy looking for poulans now...lol

I am an equal opportunity sawyer. If it runs good color and brand are unimportant. Looks like this one takes a 70dl chain so I will have to break down a couple for spares once it proves itself.

Still trying to remember where those Mac parts are??? I also believe that a member in central PA clued me in prior to. You Poulan fans are cut throat:greenchainsaw:

LOL. The Mac parts are all here.............except for that flywheel. It's over in the Placerville area somewhere still (along with a buncha Homelite parts that will come my way at the same time)...

Trading off some old mag I just got in.

Parts saws:
Homie sxl scored
Homie xl. Scored
Homie sez X3
Homie ez
Homie 150a. X3

1200a pioneer.

Roper 3.7 cman scored

452vl echo

Let me know what you need and what you have to trade. I want poulan saws/parts 3000-3300, 335, 3700 and up
And ?.?.? What ya got.

Need a choke rod/handle for a Poulan 306 type.

I have stuff to trade.

I knew I forgot something. Your post reminded me to go out to the shop (during a lull in the rain) and check the tank/handle casting you sent me. Sure enough..............it has the choke knob/rod. Will mail the choke knob/rod out to you tomorrow. Do you need the rubber grommet that it passes through?

I knew I forgot something. Your post reminded me to go out to the shop (during a lull in the rain) and check the tank/handle casting you sent me. Sure enough..............it has the choke knob/rod. Will mail the choke knob/rod out to you tomorrow. Do you need the rubber grommet that it passes through?

Nope, just the handle.

Got the Craftsman 3.6 running this afternoon. Now it pumps 130 psi with (gently) used rings. Was 110.

Talk about cheap old men........................................................................

Nope, just the handle.

Got the Craftsman 3.6 running this afternoon. Now it pumps 130 psi with (gently) used rings. Was 110.

Talk about cheap old men........................................................................

130psi on used rings is pretty good for those saws. Pulled the choke knob and brought it back into the house for its return voyage.:D

aaron, if you don't mind i could use the grommet for my 306A since carl doesn't need it.

No problem Jerry. I hope to be able to sneak away and spend some time tearing apart that C-5 parts saw today and/or Wednesday. Will also see if I can get that dang grommet out of the tank casting. It's in there pretty good. Thinking about heating it a bit so it's softer and more cooperative.....

No problem Jerry. I hope to be able to sneak away and spend some time tearing apart that C-5 parts saw today and/or Wednesday. Will also see if I can get that dang grommet out of the tank casting. It's in there pretty good. Thinking about heating it a bit so it's softer and more cooperative.....

I found a selection of rubber grommets in the electrical dept. of my local Ace hardware store. In the yellow compartment boxes. Take your dial calipers with you.:clap:

Nothing in the world like a "GOOD" hardware store for we DIY guys. Amazing the things you can make fit in something it doesn't belong in.

Looking for a flywheel for a Remington PL-7A. Wico part number on it is Y16371. PL/SL-6 & 7 are supposedly the same.

attachment.php

Stuff and/or green stamps to trade.

CAM00027.jpg

Here's my XL-800 flywheel. Very different from yours..................dammit. It's a Wico, and looks identical to one that I took off of an early XL-12. Both are 4.375" diameter.

Latest posts

Back