The made in north america Old Magnesium Swap Meet.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here you go.

attachment.php

Yup, instructions on the outside of what turned out to be a small envelope with the thin plate inside.

Would you like to have it? I have no large frame Macs., just the 10-10S.

You're not supposed to feed the bears Carl. :msp_biggrin:

Anyone have a handle bar bracket #A-65666-1 for an XL-113 they can spare?

I have a NOS front wrap but the hole on the end won't line up as I have the wrong bracket on him.

Pics. later today.

Chainsawlady has me covered.

Aaron: Bear food show up?

Carl.

Last edited:
Anyone have a handle bar bracket #A-65666-1 for an XL-113 they can spare?

I have a NOS front wrap but the hole on the end won't line up as I have the wrong bracket on him.

Pics. later today.

Aaron: Bear food show up?

Carl.

LOL. Yes it did Carl. Two days ago in fact. Just kept forgetting to say something. Thanks again my friend.:cheers:

OK, so went back to TN this weekend with my wife. We were at her grandmother's all day yesterday and I found something. A nice old poulan 306A. Was her grandfathers. Only problem is it has a 245 clutch cover on item would anyone happen to have a 306 clutch cover I could trade or give green paper for?
View attachment 274414

OK, so went back to TN this weekend with my wife. We were at her grandmother's all day yesterday and I found something. A nice old poulan 306A. Was her grandfathers. Only problem is it has a 245 clutch cover on item would anyone happen to have a 306 clutch cover I could trade or give green paper for?
View attachment 274414

Problem with those clutch covers is the 'kickstand' is usually broke off the bottom. I know mine is. You could just get a 306 decal.

274414d1358688212-img_20130119_113133-jpg

You best be measuring the bore using the popsicle stick method. The fan cover, air filter cover and clutch cover interchange with 245A parts.

No spark on the 306. Is the saw points or electronic? If points I can probably just clean and set them. If electronic, afraid I need a coil. Need to get home where I can pull the flywheel and check it out.

No spark on the 306. Is the saw points or electronic? If points I can probably just clean and set them. If electronic, afraid I need a coil. Need to get home where I can pull the flywheel and check it out.

Just remove the three screws from the fan cover. If you have a wire running from the coil to under the flywheel, you have points.

My one 306A with solid state has a sticker on the fan cover but, it could go missing.

Just remove the three screws from the fan cover. If you have a wire running from the coil to under the flywheel, you have points.

My one 306A with solid state has a sticker on the fan cover but, it could go missing.

Only thing on the fan cover is the aluminum I.D. plate. I think its solid state. Can you even find those coils?

Need some Remington Super 660 parts ...

Bucking spike ... lower handle brace ... oil cap.

Have dead presidents to trade ... thanks in advance!

I have a home-made crutch/kickstand if you want it.

I have since scrapped this one out. It was more usefull for parts for two other saws.

Helped me out with it too. That handle/tank casting looks familiar.:cheers:

You best be measuring the bore using the popsicle stick method. The fan cover, air filter cover and clutch cover interchange with 245A parts.

The tank top is shorter on the 306 too. That looks like a 306 top. Of course, the tops are interchangeable. Somebody got a good deal on a late Dayton badged Poulan 245SA on feebay a couple days ago. I got outbid early on, then forgot to go back and up my bid again before it ended. The listing stated that it was a Dayton orange Poulan 306A............but the taller 245 tank top was clearly visible in the pics.....

Helped me out with it too. That handle/tank casting looks familiar.:cheers:

The tank top is shorter on the 306 too. That looks like a 306 top. Of course, the tops are interchangeable. Somebody got a good deal on a late Dayton badged Poulan 245SA on feebay a couple days ago. I got outbid early on, then forgot to go back and up my bid again before it ended. The listing stated that it was a Dayton orange Poulan 306A............but the taller 245 tank top was clearly visible in the pics.....

Well dang it, fooled me:mad:

Well dang it, fooled me:mad:

So did you buy it Carl....................or were you 'fooled' by his description and decided to pass on it?

photobucket-3513-1328571337825.jpg

Here's my early production Dayton branded Poulan 245SA. You can see how much taller the front of the 245 tank top is compared to the 306 tank top. The AF covers have different part #'s too. No doubt to match the different 'slope' of the two tank top types.

Last edited:
Fooled by the dumb arse's description.:msp_rolleyes:

Carl I hope you'll forgive me for not 'correcting' the seller a week ago when I saw the error in his description. If I wasn't the dumb arse that forgot to up his bid..........I might have reaped the rewards of being more observant than the seller.

Of course.....the winning bidder may have known the same thing that I did............and may have had his maximum bid set well above what I was willing to pay anyways. Who knows.....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back