The made in north america Old Magnesium Swap Meet.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Guys,

I'm looking for a right hand starter for the large frame Macs, like the 1-70,1,2, 790, 797, 740 etc...I need the style that has the chain tensioner. No breaks or cracks if possible. I would take just the housing at this point, as I have the "guts".

I also need a intact air filter cover for those same models, don't really care if its "badged" but a 790 one would be ideal.

Thanks for your consideration!

Andy

Hey Guys,

I'm looking for a right hand starter for the large frame Macs, like the 1-70,1,2, 790, 797, 740 etc...I need the style that has the chain tensioner. No breaks or cracks if possible. I would take just the housing at this point, as I have the "guts".

I also need a intact air filter cover for those same models, don't really care if its "badged" but a 790 one would be ideal.

Thanks for your consideration!

Andy

One off a 44 work? If so, pm me.

One off a 44 work? If so, pm me.

I don't think they have the tensioner on the starter side, I think only on the oil tank side....I've never seen one that way anyways.

The filter cover definately won't work.

Thanks!

Andy

I don't think they have the tensioner on the starter side, I think only on the oil tank side....I've never seen one that way anyways.

The filter cover definately won't work.

Thanks!

Andy

Wasn't sure. I'm at work. Will take a quick look when I get home. Might still have one on a 1-7? carcass too.

I have a short list of unusual items:

Cylinder/crankcase for PM570; 1.812" bore like the PM55 & 10-10S with anti-vibe, 92693. I have a good piston & rings.

Cylinder/crankcase for SP70; 1.995 bore, anti-vibe, 92257. I have a piston & rings on hand.

I have lots of McCulloch parts, a few other saw & parts saws + dead presidents...

Thanks,

Mark

Greetings, scouts!

Anyone have a Walbro SDC-20 laying around you don't need? They were on some Mac SP125 saws ...

Thanks!

Last edited:
Remington Super 754 crank seals

Anyone know the aftermarket replacement for these seals?:msp_confused:

OK, thanks!

Using your dial calipers, measure the shaft dia., the housing bore and the seal width. Take the old seals and your measurements to your local, friendly, auto parts store.

That's where I've been getting my seals of late.

Take the shaft (crank) and housing (crankcase) along for insurance. Counterman may want to work in millimeters.

Pioneer RA parts

Looking for a top cover/heat sheild, and a recoil for a Pioneer RA? Cash or trade... I have an running 031AV, and a couple of smaller pioneers (50cc range, will check models and edit post tonight) both have good compression, one is without spark.

Assuming I'll likely need seals etc.... haven't started pulling it apart yet. If I get rained out of my outdoor work this weekend I may start stripping it down to see what all I need.

Just recently acquired a Wright C-50-D in exceptionally good condition, but it's missing the air filter and top cover.

'Preciate any help if someone can hook me up. Not much old mag to trade, but would be happy to throw some $$$ at this saw to make it complete again.

TIA

Looking for a top cover/heat sheild, and a recoil for a Pioneer RA? Cash or trade... I have an running 031AV, and a couple of smaller pioneers (50cc range, will check models and edit post tonight) both have good compression, one is without spark.

Assuming I'll likely need seals etc.... haven't started pulling it apart yet. If I get rained out of my outdoor work this weekend I may start stripping it down to see what all I need.

Not sure why but I couldn't edit my earlier post... the smaller pioneers mentioned are a 1073 and a 1074.....

Latest posts

Back