The neighbors are burning railroad ties

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you go back and read You will see where I stated I dont now, nor have I ever, burnt crossties. My point and the point of many others, is that some folks want to complain about what someone else is doing, complain, ***** and moan, because their neighbor is stinking up the air, but they themselfs are not willing to make the sacrifices necessary to make the world a better place for everybody. They drive their gas guzzelers, throw chemicals on their lawns, live in energy inefficient houses, doing their own share of polluting. What gives you the right to try and tell me or anybody else for that matter, how to live our lives. I say dont ***** and moan about what I am doing until you get your own house in order. The best way to start a argument with anyone is to try and tell them what to do and how to do it. Your way is not the only way and probably not the right way, but if you expect everyone to comform to your way of thinking, your in for a long hard road with many disappointments.

And for the record, you are welcome to drive on down anytime, just let me know when your coming so I can put meat on the grill and ice in the cooler. We dont have to agree on anything to get along with each other.

We all drive cars, and do our share of pollution. But burning the ties is doing more than your share. It's really noxious, even if your a thousand yards away.

If you go back and read You will see where I stated I dont now, nor have I ever, burnt crossties. My point and the point of many others, is that some folks want to complain about what someone else is doing, complain, ***** and moan, because their neighbor is stinking up the air, but they themselfs are not willing to make the sacrifices necessary to make the world a better place for everybody. They drive their gas guzzelers, throw chemicals on their lawns, live in energy inefficient houses, doing their own share of polluting. What gives you the right to try and tell me or anybody else for that matter, how to live our lives. I say dont ***** and moan about what I am doing until you get your own house in order. The best way to start a argument with anyone is to try and tell them what to do and how to do it. Your way is not the only way and probably not the right way, but if you expect everyone to comform to your way of thinking, your in for a long hard road with many disappointments.

And for the record, you are welcome to drive on down anytime, just let me know when your coming so I can put meat on the grill and ice in the cooler. We dont have to agree on anything to get along with each other.
You have a legitimate complaint, we do pollute the air with cars and other things, But until they come out with something better it's all we got and people need to get back and forth to work. I don't use chemicals on the lawn, I wish that crap would die in the summer.lol But burning creosote soaked wood is something we don't have to do. We had some thugs cookin crack next to us one time. We could smell it coming out his chimney. stunk up the whole area. I won't get into what happened to him. but thank goodness some good neighbors are in there now.

We all drive cars, and do our share of pollution. But burning the ties is doing more than your share. It's really noxious, even if your a thousand yards away.
Really, how many trips do you make to the store each week. Did you drive anywhere this week that wasnt work related. Have you really even tried to reduce your environmental foot print. Do you compost your household waste, or just throw it all in a trash can, filling up the landfills. Nobody I know likes the smell of burning cross ties, and I agree most anyone burning them has little respect for the folks around them, but unless you are doing your part to reduce pollution, you aint got no business trying to tell someone else what they can and cannot do.

Really, how many trips do you make to the store each week. Did you drive anywhere this week that wasnt work related. Have you really even tried to reduce your environmental foot print. Do you compost your household waste, or just throw it all in a trash can, filling up the landfills. Nobody I know likes the smell of burning cross ties, and I agree most anyone burning them has little respect for the folks around them, but unless you are doing your part to reduce pollution, you aint got no business trying to tell someone else what they can and cannot do.
I see it as I'm just making up for the people that don't burn wood, or walk /carpool to work...it all evens out:yes::pingpong::innocent:

With pistols drawn and a shiny badge...What seems to be the problem in here?

:laugh:
TOTM charges are mighty stiff these days...and the Sherrif does the collectin'. :innocent:
Speaking of, only 8 sun ups left. It's on now. ;)
I dont think I will be competing here anymore...every one gets too butt hurt over it...
Just random troll posts from now on...
I go elsewhere for my trolling addition these days...by the way...why aren't you there yet?

Only being exposed to one single state, how would you justify a blanket statement that BNSF only uses concrete crossties. And as far as i know, BNSF doesnt own any tracks in NC, but unlike a lot of folks, I have visited many states with my job. So my knowledge of railroad and materials used is not limited to I drove across the railroad track and looked at a picture. When I say I have walked more track than most have rode across, I can say that factually as i have walked every mile of just about every track from St Louis, to Florida, from Miss and La, to Penn. from The coast of Nc to the Mississippi River. I have personally handled million, yes millions is also accurate, of Crossties, including concrete, metal, composite, and even the lowly wooded crosstie.

As for Warren Buffett, if he wants to buy my railroad, he is going to have to get in line behind the Canadian Pacific as they are already attempting a hostile takeover. Stock tip of the month, Buy NSCorp, It should bring a 20%-30% profit by summer.
I always have been a conservative conversationalist.. As to being limited to my neck of the woods My little town is a railroad town on the mainline Have many friends working and retired . Lots of memories and exposure living here. I have taken a few checks from BNSF Have shipped a few carloads before trucking became more feasible to me and did pay demurrage once when the Lumber didn't get loaded fast enough. I have been out of my county I even have running water in my home when it isn't raining...As for a blanket statement I merely relayed what my friend that is Trackmaster of Eastern Nebr. once told me the rest of it comes from news papers and so on. . Can't say I have ever Hopped a train but sounds like fun. You seem to be a very knowledgeable guy . Why would you need to be so condescending to impress others with your intelligence...? Chaos and tension accomplished I guess my work is done for now. ADIOS

I dont think I will be competing here anymore...every one gets too butt hurt over it...
Just random troll posts from now on...
I go elsewhere for my trolling addition these days...by the way...why aren't you there yet?
I'll get over there. Maybe by COB this wknd get it cranked up.

Latest posts

Back