The new ms362!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STIHLTHEDEERE

This is Koty
Reaction score
I was at my local stihl dealer this morning to pick up my new ms211.the regional stihl sales rep mas there with an all new/prototype model. This saw was not badged,all badges were there,but they were just blank. The rep said the saw aprox 60cc,5 h.p.,and around 12lbs. They did several test cuts with this saw,and a new 361/2o". I can tell you this,both saws had identical,new bar/chains, and the new saw smoked the 361 every time.we did not time it,but i would it was 20% quicker every time.i was not allowed to cut with it,but i did pick them both up and the new saw was both balanced better,and definately lighter. Judging by the sound of this animal,it was turning way more rpm's than the 361,it may have been just a little louder,but it was hard to tell because it had a totally different sound to it,i don't have any modded saws,but thats the way this thing sounded,bad ass!!!!! After the rep left,i was talking to my buddy who runs the dealership. I asked him about the saw,he told me that we were among the first few people to see the new ms362 in action. The rep told us that the saw would be available by october. I cant wait to get one of my own!!!!!!!!!!! P.s i wanted to snap some pictures of it with my phone,but the rep quickly said no way!!!!

Yes the saw was definately a strato. It does not have the goofy snap on air box cover that the 441 has,and i was glad to see that!

The almighty 361 is not so almighty huh. I sold my 361 because it was not nearly as impressive as everyone on here said that it was. At 1st I was impressed but figured out the dealer had put a square ground chain on it.

I like the 361. Really shines in many situations. If the rep got the specs right that would make a nice small climbing saw.

Mr. HE:cool:

Latest posts

Back