The *New* Wood Splitter Pic Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jakers

Owner - Arbor Jake's Tree Service, LLC
Reaction score
Due to the recent hacking most of the pictures were lost in my wood splitter picture thread. I believe this to be a very valuable and insightful page that people can go to when they are thinking of building a splitter. I have looked at the pictures myself many times when making changes to my own or a friends splitters as well.

This thread will be replacing the old one but if any one is interested, heres the link

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/wood-splitter-picture-thread.191147/

My goal is to have mostly pictures and descriptions of home built, home modified, old, strange, or any other type of splitter that isn't sold in a box store. everybody has seen a husky 22 ton... Now if you added a fancey work table to your Northern Tool splitter, we wanna see it. Somebody may benefit from your idea

Ill start with mine. its a home built "true" 25 ton splitter. 5x36 cylinder. 12 inch tall pusher. 16 inch tall fixed wedge. log lift. all powered by my 1967 Farmall 706D running a 21 gpm PTO pump mounted on the splitter. this combo when speced out with this online calculator http://www.baumhydraulics.com/pages.php?pageid=4 , gives me times of: Extend Time= 8.8 sec. Retract Time= 7.3 sec. Cycle Time= 16.1 sec.

Wood Splitter 001.jpg
Wood Splitter 004.jpg

Wood Splitter 002.jpg

IMG_0506.JPG IMG_0502.JPG 0401121731.jpg 0330121825.jpg 30+ year old Speeco bought used when two years old, single stage pump, Volkswagon axle and wheels, 2nd detent valve, stroke reducers, 2nd bench, 3rd engine. B/S's just got tired and hard to start. Came with the wheels, modified to pull behind a tractor in an apple orchard. Makes it a nice height for splitting. Buried under 3' of snow at the moment.

I have seen this one on Facebook, its not mine though.
u2apate6.jpg

100_1114.JPG 100_1805.JPG 100_1123.JPG my table also flips up for towing, and the second pic is the "lock" its a custom spring loaded pin that locks the table in the up and down positions, the last pic is the log lift mount, it just bolts to the web of the beam...

2.JPG 1.JPG 1.JPG 2.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG Here is the one I built 2 years ago. Looks like one just above, I may have "borrowed" some of the ideas. It has a 6.5hp motor, 11gpm pump. Splits horizontal/vertical. So far has split everything I have put on it.

View attachment 333754 View attachment 333753 View attachment 333753 View attachment 333754 View attachment 333755 View attachment 333756 Here is the one I built 2 years ago. Looks like one just above, I may have "borrowed" some of the ideas. It has a 6.5hp motor, 11gpm pump. Splits horizontal/vertical. So far has split everything I have put on it.

I dig the paint choices.. :) i had to take a second look when I saw yours. Looks good and the quality looks spot on.

Latest posts

Back