The new young blonde in my life

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My daughter would give ANYTHING for a golden retriever puppy... and I mean anything. We just can't afford to have a 6th member in the family right now. Looks like she has taken a liking to you in a big way already Paul.

That look.

Hi Paul. I get a kick out of that look, like take the picture, get it over with and leave me alone. Typical female. I bet she has a mind all her own and Paul lets her get away with anything. Nice looking pup. Take care. Lewis.

Well she definately has a mind of her own! I think I should have named her "Komatsu" she's a canine excavator. Everything and I mean EVERYTHING in the house is a chew toy if let my guard down. In the picture she is 3 months old and 21lbs. she's now 4 months old and 30lbs. Her "job" is to be the family companion, I don't hunt.

Great Companion:

She'll make a great companion if she trained right. Treat her right and she'll be a companion for a long time. Ha, was going to say something else, (pertaining to the opposite sex) but thought better of it. Wouldn't want to have the women on the forum get pieved at me and me get banned. Ha, OK talk later. Lewis.

Paul-

You're a lucky man. If you're at all like me I pity your wife. Maggie is my 10-year old Golden and yes, my "better-1/2" Wendy actually has shown her jealous side a no. of times because if how I treat Mag. She loves her too---just doesn't show it as much as I do. Needless to say GOLDENS are VERY SPECIAL, and their Masters will go out of their way to see another Golden ( I've stopped my car & parked it to check out a Golden), or to share their experiences and insight w/ another Golden owner. I may not know much about trees, but I have a keen interest and practical knowledge about my "best friend". Please feel free to drop a line should you ever have any questions.
Daisy is certainly a Cutie - - enjoy her and love her.

Ron S. - - - Girard, PA

Goldens are the greatest ... I noticed that when mine went thru his teething phase, he just loved to knarl into the bark on some willow that I was using for heat. Most of the other woods I had at the time, he didn't care much for, but that willow bark, he was just in 7th heaven sinking his new teeth and sore gums into it as a puppy.

I never made much of it, until I heard on PBS one day that Bayer Asperin is made from ... bark of trees, esp willow bark. While his gums hurt him, he was going for the willow bark, I figured he was going for the asperin. Then I started to realize that bark is also high in calcium, which he would have been craving as a puppy.

So on my next golden (ohh it's rough loosing them, and they do die), I tried it again ... and it worked again. Although the second puppy was an urban puppy and wasn't quite as smart, but it didn't take her long once she had kind been led to the trough as it were. She would grab herself a log, leave a neat little pile of chewed up bark right in the middle of the rug. Which was just dandy with us, as it was quick to sweep up.

And one more thing, when she got to do all her teething done on the bark (I think any thick bark does the trick) she never went thru that phase where they experiment on the other household stuff, like furniture legs, pillows, etc.

Back