The "Not So Pro" discussion thread...of course Pros are welcome!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slowp, I know what you're thinking. Well, you can just forget it, okay? I know you're coming down here to do some cutting with us and I know it's California and all, but there is no way...no way at all...that we're going to wear frilly blouses. Especially frilly blouses in that particular color. It's an egregious fashion faux pas to wear a color that clashes so badly with the color of our chaps.

Farmer hate? Hardly. We're just jealous...we want to find a way to get paid for not growing trees the way the farmer gets paid for not growing crops.

And where do we go to sign up for crop subsidies on our timber...and who do we see about crop insurance....and which agency do we talk to about price supports and, well you get the idea.

You live in a house made from straw bales and corn stalks?

Oh? On this side of the rock farmers don't eat or feed their livestock if they can't grow crops. We're not talking apple orchards here pops :msp_rolleyes:

Farmer hate? Hardly. We're just jealous...we want to find a way to get paid for not growing trees the way the farmer gets paid for not growing crops.

And where do we go to sign up for crop subsidies on our timber...and who do we see about crop insurance....and which agency do we talk to about price supports and, well you get the idea.

We could argue about this, a lot.

But then Id have to move this to political, and no one wants that.

Lets just say if it were all roses, everyone would be doing it. That statement goes for loggers too...

Forgot- I live in a trailer house. Gawd knows what the crappy particle board it mostly consists of is really made of...

not workin today mr bob.

Nope, playing hooky. We're all done, just cleaning up. I went up this morning for awhile and made sure the self loader we hired to clean up landings got everything, and he did, so there's not much left to do. A few waterbars, fix a couple of gates, and I'm done for the winter. Feels good.

Hmmm... it might be corn stalks and straw after all.

calling anyone at the mo might prove problematic ..............I saw a news clip yesterday even some goats employed by the govt to eat poison ivy been put on furlough lol

Forgot- I live in a trailer house. Gawd knows what the crappy particle board it mostly consists of is really made of...
Macerated Ecological Fundamentalists, or just eco-board for short.

A favorite song of mine:

John Mellencamp - Rain On The Scarecrow - LIVE @ Farm Aid 2008 - YouTube

It don't matter whether we are dropping trees, fighting wars, growing crops, punching keyboards, etc. I'm sure we can all relate to having the rug pulled out from under us and/or feeling betrayed by someone or govt body at some stage.

HA! I wanted so badly to rep ya here! i'll get ya some day. I have said this same thing a thousand times. and hey I WAS a farmer too at one time.

Hey Jake how ya doing???

Well sir, I'm doing pretty well... All things considered. My 2nd son turned 1 yesterday, my youngest of 4 brothers turned 25 today and got an even better payin job (He blows things up for a living), and I'm here in a thread full of hard working, respectable individuals.

you on yer way here with that Ranger yet? :wink:

Haha, no need for a Ranger over here! The .404, chokers and the man who owns them is enough around here!

Graeme, Mike.. how are yall?

Well sir, I'm doing pretty well... All things considered. My 2nd son turned 1 yesterday, my youngest of 4 brothers turned 25 today and got an even better payin job (He blows things up for a living), and I'm here in a thread full of hard working, respectable individuals.

Haha, no need for a Ranger over here! The .404, chokers and the man who owns them is enough around here!

Graeme, Mike.. how are yall?

LOL clark ranger grapple skidder.

Latest posts

Back