The "Not So Pro" discussion thread...of course Pros are welcome!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just like Metals said... that is a beautiful tree! I cut a bit of everything over here. Tamarack, doug fir, lodge pole and a little spruce. I dont know what it is but the days I get into the fir are always the best, it must be the smell. Not to mention its excellent to burn!

You must be in the handle cut'n them kinda critters.

Camping pics!

IMG_1150.jpg

This is basically my life!

IMG_1152.jpg

My boys in front of the main Pedernales falls. Rained 4 inches the night before, so they were movin'!
My wife was on a small cliff 100 yards away screaming her head off about something!

IMG_1145.jpg

This is why I will often have my pantlegs inside my socks! You PNW guys are always crying about mosquitos, try that guy on for size!

we got them too. don't pay much mind to them. if i worried about all the cridders crawling around i would not get anything done. now sabertooth mountain weasels are another thing.
attachment.php
damn it . if you have posted a pic here before it don't show up when posted again.

Last edited:
View attachment 317629

View attachment 317630

My boys in front of the main Pedernales falls. Rained 4 inches the night before, so they were movin'!
My wife was on a small cliff 100 yards away screaming her head off about something!

View attachment 317631

This is why I will often have my pantlegs inside my socks! You PNW guys are always crying about mosquitos, try that guy on for size!

Nice! Where were you...that's some rough water! Yeh those centipedes are some wild looking critters!

we got them too. don't pay much mind to them. if i worried about all the cridders crawling around i would not get anything done. now sabertooth mountain weasels are another thing.
attachment.php
damn it . if you have posted a pic here before it don't show up when posted again.

Pac, check this #### out...this is footage taken by a Police officer about 10 miles from my house. I am real familiar with the hillside that cat ran off of.

[video]http://www.4029tv.com/Spotted-on-video-the-return-of-the-Arkansas-mountain-lion/-/8898190/22380874/-/hyyi2hz/-/index.html#.UlrBM1JHG1U.facebook[/video]

Oh, and they are lying....there have been waaay too many sightings to "NOT" have a breeding population. Also I used to haul alot of hay in the summertime for different farm, I was working with a couple illegals who spoke no English, they saw a female with (4) kittens. These guys weren't lying.

Last edited:
View attachment 317629

View attachment 317630

View attachment 317631

Our millipedes and centipedes don't look nearly that nasty in these parts.

Hope your dogs stay away from em! More than likely they'd just tree the cat right?

Do you plan on joining the Sugihara group buy Clint?

Good evening Jake! Hope you had a good day! Time to hit the showers...I put in a rough 10 hour falling day...wore slap out man! See ya!

Hope your dogs stay away from em! More than likely they'd just tree the cat right?

Do you plan on joining the Sugihara group buy Clint?

I have run one Mtn. Lion with a pack of (4) bad ass Plott hounds! Pretty much a 12 hour nightmare! At daylight the cat came down the tree and was off again! Bobcats aren't so scarey...big cats...yeh you worry about your dogs! This particular pack, I ran them in daylight on hogs also! They were some good dogs...got a couple killed and one hung it's self...sold the other one.

That's good to hear! My favorites so far are coral snakes all over the door mat (which reads "Go Away") and scorpions on the pillow staring at you as you wake up in the mornin!

Don't have to deal with that **** either!! :-D

Pac, check this #### out...this is footage taken by a Police officer about 10 miles from my house. I am real familiar with the hillside that cat ran off of.

[video]http://www.4029tv.com/Spotted-on-video-the-return-of-the-Arkansas-mountain-lion/-/8898190/22380874/-/hyyi2hz/-/index.html#.UlrBM1JHG1U.facebook[/video]

Oh, and they are lying....there have been waaay too many sightings to "NOT" have a breeding population. Also I used to haul alot of hay in the summertime for different farm, I was working with a couple illegals who spoke no English, they saw a female with (4) kittens. These guys weren't lying.

i want a pony now.:laugh:. we have plenty of cats here. just had a livestock kill about a half mile from my home two weeks ago. now them sabretooth mt weasels are something else.:msp_wink:

your to high up. :laugh:

I am perty fancy pants. :-D

Oh, and if y'all wants some cats. . . We have craploads of those. The mountain behind my place is known fer its cat hunts.

It's also where I saw a black one with a white tipped tail, back in the day.

A couple months back -- my Bro-in-law had a cat kill a deer in his driveway. . . Bout 2 miles from my place.

There have been a lot of reports of cats in my area over the last couple of years. One was from the other end of a 600 acre piece of woods I was working in. Part of that woods is a county park and some guy claimed to have one jump out on the trail in front of him as he as walking his dog at first light. I was about a mile to his west laying out timber in a private 200 acre piece of the same woods. The piece I was logging and several hundred adjacent acres hadn't seen any human foot traffic in a long time. Of course the DNR found no sign of anything.

Unrelated incident to above- I had a farmer show me a night picture from a wildlife camera that his buddy sent him. It was a cat clear as day.

I hear all kinds of stories of wolf packs and big foots (feet?). Lots of swamp around where I live and plenty of state forest just a few miles down the road.

Game and Fish are some odd ducks...IDK just what branch of them does what, but they turn loose ALOT of stuff and then act like they know nothing. We have a rapidly growing Elk herd here and the numbers have been causing problems for the last several years. I was told by a NF Forester that Game and Fish turned lose the big cats to keep the Elk herd in check. Possible I suppose. I am originally from Kentucky, when Elk and a couple deer species numbers grew at LBL, Red Wolves were turned lose to help that problem.

Bitzer, I found a cat track in the skid trail about 2 weeks ago..cat has been in a trap. I told the LO and he said people have been seeing it.

Latest posts

Back