The "Not So Pro" discussion thread...of course Pros are welcome!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's an 80 amp Everlast plasma.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
They (Everlast) seem to have really stepped up, them and AHP (a few others thrown in too).

The 80 amps explains the 1.25 cutting clean. [emoji4] [emoji4]

Oh yeah, used a fancy Lincoln fer a few years.

MP machines are definitely better than when they first came out.
I have separate machines, a Miller shopmaster 300 setup with a wire feeder, a Lincoln 200 squarewave with a Dynaflux 4 gallon cooler with helium as I need it, then the 80 amp Everlast.

They (Everlast) seem to have really stepped up, them and AHP (a few others thrown in too).

The 80 amps explains the 1.25 cutting clean. [emoji4] [emoji4]
Yeah they have if I was going to get another tig it'd be an Everlast 255ext higher pulse would be nice and the extra wave forms for ac but I don't think my little flex loc 20 would like that all the time. Have you tried one of the ck flex locs?

I have separate machines, a Miller shopmaster 300 setup with a wire feeder, a Lincoln 200 squarewave with a Dynaflux 4 gallon cooler with helium as I need it, then the 80 amp Everlast.

I liked the 175, so the 200 must be super nice?

My TIG has been in my body shop for more than a decade, you know the Weber handle guy, it's a Lincoln 300/300 with a water cooler.

With helium and a higher amperage rated torch, I imagine I could do some pretty thick single pass stuff.

Yeah they have if I was going to get another tig it'd be an Everlast 255ext higher pulse would be nice and the extra wave forms for ac but I don't think my little flex loc 20 would like that all the time. Have you tried one of the ck flex locs?

I have a CK, but not the flex loc. . . I'll eventually get me one.

I liked the 175, so the 200 must be super nice?

My TIG has been in my body shop for more than a decade, you know the Weber handle guy, it's a Lincoln 300/300 with a water cooler.

With helium and a higher amperage rated torch, I imagine I could do some pretty thick single pass stuff.
For the money it's a great machine plus have some pulse as well as ac frequency and balance is nice. The stick side is hot enough to burn 11018 1/8 rods and its potable enough I can take it for field repairs so for the 1400 it's been a winner.

Nothing like the old machines they're simple and work forever only drawbacks are size, weight, and how much power they draw.

For the money it's a great machine plus have some pulse as well as ac frequency and balance is nice. The stick side is hot enough to burn 11018 1/8 rods and its potable enough I can take it for field repairs so for the 1400 it's been a winner.

Nothing like the old machines they're simple and work forever only drawbacks are size, weight, and how much power they draw.

Exactly, love the ol girl, but she's a fatty, and not remotely portable. [emoji2][emoji2]

God... It's been a couple years since I touched anything TIG. It was probably building racecars in college... I don't own a multiprocess machine. It seems like they'd be a nice thing to run on a service truck. It seems like they're all DC machines. Any experience running a stick setup on one?

Skeans, I'm in your boat. I've got a Miller Goldstar 400, a Hobart MIG machine (model evades me at the moment, it's a full size machine that was bought this year to replace a Lincoln Power Mig 200 series I hated) and a Hobart plasma cutter. I try to use the Hobart MIG machine for as much as I can. When I had the Lincoln I used the Miller a lot more but I'm finding I can MIG a lot of stuff faster and with a better weld than what I was doing with the SMAW process now that I have a reliable machine.

God... It's been a couple years since I touched anything TIG. It was probably building racecars in college... I don't own a multiprocess machine. It seems like they'd be a nice thing to run on a service truck. It seems like they're all DC machines. Any experience running a stick setup on one?

Skeans, I'm in your boat. I've got a Miller Goldstar 400, a Hobart MIG machine (model evades me at the moment, it's a full size machine that was bought this year to replace a Lincoln Power Mig 200 series I hated) and a Hobart plasma cutter. I try to use the Hobart MIG machine for as much as I can. When I had the Lincoln I used the Miller a lot more but I'm finding I can MIG a lot of stuff faster and with a better weld than what I was doing with the SMAW process now that I have a reliable machine.
You know my original reason for getting the tig was welding Jic fitting to thin walled hydraulic tube and for that it fits the bill. For your mig have you tried a dual shield wire? Like a triple 7 in .045? I'm tempted to pick up a little Lincoln 210MP for doing wire feed work in the field. The multi process like a mig/tig/stick are normally DC only with lift arc tig, well a tig/stick/plasma are ac/dc with high frequency start if it was me I'd rather have high frequency start it's so much nicer and there's no arc strikes but I will say it sure shocks the hell out of you without the ground connected.

Well we're on welding and repairs what do you guys think of fixture tables?
f1fe82b5a777bd4b3eb05fc232d014ed.jpg

Eventually, a shop, with mill, lathe, gantry hoist, cnc plasma, gobs of hand tools, press, all the good stuff...

Fer now though I need to concentrate on getting a piece of dirt to put said shop on. Or a full size dumper truck... and tandam axle tag trailer...
A good option for a shop setup is setup a trailer to start with it really helps

Leave your shop trailer at the job. Lincoln ranger, gas op air compressor, oxy acetylene and hand tools etc. Lots of spare hoses, oil, parts, spill kits etc too. Its rigged up with some cheap parts store LED lights to the welder battery. Everything fits into a 16 ft trailer nicely along with shelves and a workbench

you should be able to pick up a trailer for not too much to get started?

Latest posts

Back