The official CT Autumn GTG (07 November 2015)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really tryin boys to have this saw ready to go by the GTG... I really thought I had all the stuff bought for it. nope... carb bolts are wrong, no flywheel shroud, ... its amazing how small parts will hold you up forever from getting a saw together. I'm going to put a 28" brandy new B&C on this guy... so if someone wants it at the gtg... gonna bring $$ :)

at this point I doubt my hybrid has a chance of being ready... need to sell the 394 to fund the hybrid :)

A little over 2 weeks away. Looking to get a count of those coming.
I think this is everyone that has expressed interest. If you are coming please copy and paste and add a star next to your name. If I missed you add your name. And if you cannot make it scratch your name out.
Thanks

So far
*Paragon Builder (me)
*Mels
Mattyo
Drf255 and friend
Derf
MustangMike
Richevy
Skippyshins
Boozer
Malk315
CTYank
Leeha
Ambull

I believe my Brother Bruce is coming as well, don't know how to copy and paste the list from my phone so if someone could add Bruce B to the list I'd appreciate it.

Just a thought here. Let me first start by saying that I am not looking for free labor or anything like that, but I saw this on a few other GTG threads. Would anyone be interested in doing the work or seeing a chainsaw rebuild on the spot? I have a Stihl 029 that I was thinking of redoing with the Bailey's 039 NWR upgrade. Makes the 029 into a 039, or a 290 into a 390. If a member that is attending has the capabilities to do this type or rebuild, I would be willing to provide the saw and buy the 390 NWR bolt on engine upgrade with the plug.
As I said, just a thought here. It could be sort of a little rivalry amongst group get togethers on the forum here. Other groups have made videos and timed the rebuild.
Let me know either way so I have the time to get the engine parta needed.

someone wanted me to go over how to set up a degree wheel and get timing numbers, so I don't mind doing that, I just need to find a saw to do that on hehe

i might suggest not doing an 029 to start... for me, thats kind a complex saw to take apart. a husky 350 would be much simpler of a rebuild if anyone has a candidate saw. I can bring my dremel and do a little port and polish as well on the spot.

Just a thought here. Let me first start by saying that I am not looking for free labor or anything like that, but I saw this on a few other GTG threads. Would anyone be interested in doing the work or seeing a chainsaw rebuild on the spot? I have a Stihl 029 that I was thinking of redoing with the Bailey's 039 NWR upgrade. Makes the 029 into a 039, or a 290 into a 390. If a member that is attending has the capabilities to do this type or rebuild, I would be willing to provide the saw and buy the 390 NWR bolt on engine upgrade with the plug.
As I said, just a thought here. It could be sort of a little rivalry amongst group get togethers on the forum here. Other groups have made videos and timed the rebuild.
Let me know either way so I have the time to get the engine parta needed.
Took me a couple hours last one I did. I'm sure I won't have time but I'll walk you through it and help where needed if you want to do it. It's worth it!

someone wanted me to go over how to set up a degree wheel and get timing numbers, so I don't mind doing that, I just need to find a saw to do that on hehe

i might suggest not doing an 029 to start... for me, thats kind a complex saw to take apart. a husky 350 would be much simpler of a rebuild if anyone has a candidate saw. I can bring my dremel and do a little port and polish as well on the spot.

I have a 353 I need to get numbers on. It's already apart. I need to get timing numbers for a baseline before I cut the case and turn the cylinder base down some. But I need a piston stop to set my TDC and to print out my degree wheel and mount it on something suitable that I can attach it to the flywheel. If you could help me get the Vaseline timing numbers I'd appreciate it.

I have a 353 I need to get numbers on. It's already apart. I need to get timing numbers for a baseline before I cut the case and turn the cylinder base down some. But I need a piston stop to set my TDC and to print out my degree wheel and mount it on something suitable that I can attach it to the flywheel. If you could help me get the Vaseline timing numbers I'd appreciate it.
Vaseline huh? Lol

So looks like 9 confirmed so far. Plus I've got a few local guys that want to come that I'm trying to lock down an answer from.
*Paragon Builder (me)
*Mels & Bruce B
*Mattyo +1 (Dr. Matt and Dr. Karl)
*Drf255 and friend (Dr. Jeckel and Mr. Hyde)
Derf
*MustangMike
*Richevy
Skippyshins
Boozer
Malk315
CTYank
Leeha
Ambull

Latest posts

Back