The Old Giants

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
. Parts are still available for the motors and a stroker kit is available to take the motor from 8.2ci. (134cc) to a 10ci. (I'm guessing about 150cc?)

jerry-

RIght on, man! What a cool thing, to have a 150 cc saw!

If I gat this right, there are 2.54 cm per inch, so 10 ci would be:

2.54 cubed = 16.387 cc/ci, so 10 ci = 163.87 cc. That's like a bikesaw!:jawdrop:

Here is my old CT

DolmarCT009.jpg

If you like I can post a little video

Here is a pic of some of my future prodjects,(750 homelite, mac super44)
I also have a great running poulan 6000,(100cc sachs dolmar 153) and a husky 2100. I'm always looking for the oprotunity to use them

RIght on, man! What a cool thing, to have a 150 cc saw!

If I gat this right, there are 2.54 cm per inch, so 10 ci would be:

2.54 cubed = 16.387 cc/ci, so 10 ci = 163.87 cc. That's like a bikesaw!:jawdrop:
All the information needed is in his post.

8.2/134 = 10/x

cross multiply

8.2x = 1,340

divide

x = 1,340/8.2 ~ 163.41

I also have a great running poulan 6000,(100cc sachs dolmar 153) and a husky 2100. I'm always looking for the oprotunity to use them[/QUOTE]

My father-in-law had one like that on his dairy farm in up state NY. When he moved to CA he gave it away. Was I bumed...

Lot's of power and all metal!

jerry-

Parts are still available for the motors and a stroker kit is available to take the motor from 8.2ci. (134cc) to a 10ci. (I'm guessing about 150cc?).

jerry-[/QUOTE]

Where can this stroker kit be had? I am very interested. Thanks

Well, I finally got some pics of the 090 I picked up last week. Threw it on the mill and did a 10" Birch log on Sunday. Cut like a hot knife through butter, but the cut was really rough compared to my 395 with 3/8 chain. I think it was just the added weight of the powerhead though because I didn't have the log secured really well to its bedding (it was late and I just wanted to see how fast it would cut), and it was wanting to rock around quite a bit. Any other ideas?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Got it for $20, so far I've put about $50 into it, have another $35 worth of various original parts coming, and will be spending another $100 or so including a new carb and handle.

If anyone has a rim drive clutch drum, clutch cover plate, 2nd dog, or choke shaft/lever (the part in the carb) please let me know as these are the only parts I can't find so far to get it fully restored. The crankcase is also cracked out where the handle mounts to it at the bottom, around the flywheel. Looks like the saw was dropped hard - the handle's bent and broken too. I'm going to try to JB Weld it, but if a crankcase came by for the right price...

There are some pics of my new classic chainsaw: Dolmar CT. The machine are in the shop at least ten years. Runs well. Anyone have pics of this big machine working in the redwoods?. I have too of the 090´s, but no one of the Dolmar.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I just got this Echo 1100VL the other day.
It came in from Australia.

Fantastic!! Now that is a good lookin saw. That one is on my list of must haves before I die for sure. Is that the one that is 110cc? I have been lucky latley on ebay and have scored some great old giants, a mac pm1000 (100cc), a dolmar 152 (100cc) and most recently a jonsered 111s (110cc). I recently got them all tip top mechanically and cleaned up ( the dolmar wturned out especially nice) so I will see if I can get some pics posted. I always love seein the pics in this thread.:clap:

I have been lucky latley on ebay and have scored some great old giants, a mac pm1000 (100cc), a dolmar 152 (100cc) and most recently a jonsered 111s (110cc). I recently got them all tip top mechanically and cleaned up ( the dolmar wturned out especially nice) so I will see if I can get some pics posted. I always love seein the pics in this thread.:clap:

Dayuuuuuum, you done well you heathen !!!! Pics !!!!!:popcorn: :popcorn:

Hoss, This Echo is 116cc's and very hard to find.
This is the only one i have ever seen. I was told
that they were not on the product line up sheet
in the US. Might be why we never see them.

Regards Lee

Hoss, This Echo is 116cc's and very hard to find.
This is the only one i have ever seen. I was told
that they were not on the product line up sheet
in the US. Might be why we never see them.

Regards Lee

Well.......!? How does it cut? Most echo's I have used were pretty smooth though not exactly powerhouses.

Hoss, The Echo seems pretty smooth
although i have only made a few cuts
with it. As for power it seems to have
great torque as most large cc saws but
i don't have any big wood here. i tried
it out on a piece of hardwood 16 inch
in diameter and went through it like butter.

Regards Lee

Back